Make this your year to earn more with 'Be Well UC'
Your employee wellness program is much like a choose-your-own adventure, with options to participate online or in-person. Engage, volunteer, learn and earn a max incentive of $300 for the year. You may be surprised at how many things you’ve already accomplished and just need to track.
Be Well UC invites you to earn some extra cash as you work toward wellness – whatever path you choose.
- Chat 1:1 with a health coach to help set a plan for making wellness a priority (25 points).
- Stop by a Wellness Wednesday Jam Sessions to have your questions answered (10 points).
- Participate in a Connect and Reflect conversation around topics like Emotional Intelligence, Altruism and the Blue Zones (10 points each).
- Complete a Choose Your Own Challenge – or better yet, team up with a colleague to complete one (or more) together. Weekly and monthly options available on topics like choosing a playlist, decluttering your space and mind, and eating the rainbow (10 points each).
- Have your fitness and nutrition questions answered – and earn 5 points per month for logging in to the Alyfe portal and sending a message to a registered dietitian or a personal trainer.
- Complete a 1-12 week long workshop within the Alyfe portal for 10-30 points. A variety of topics are available.
Did you know – you can earn 10 points for doing each of these upcoming events on campus:
- Helping Hands – August 20-22. Contact Elaine Ampfer in Campus Services for details.
- 9/11 Stadium Stairs Climb – hosted by Veteran’s Programs and Services annually.
- UC Blue Ash Dash – September 21. This annual race raises funds for UCBA student scholarships (and usually has a sleep in option).
- UC Dash & Bash 5K or 1819K – October 6. Visit http://bearcatsdash.com/ for details and to register.
Be sure to save the date for some upcoming events as well:
- September 9-October 7: Participate in the Live Out Loud challenge and earn 20 points!
- September 24: Be the Change event with first chance for flu shots (earn up to 40 points).
- October 17, 31, & November 6 and 19: UC Health Mammography Van will be on campus. Call 513-584-PINK (7465) to schedule your appointment today. (earn 10 points)
- October and November dates available for annual flu vaccines, provided by HealthWorks. Registration coming soon. (earn 10 points)
- November 6: Benefits Fair (earn up to 40 points).
Reach out to Be Well UC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keisha Love named Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement and...
December 2, 2021
Keisha Love Named Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement and Academic Inclusion
New sites available now on Bearcats Landing
December 1, 2021
New sites available now on Bearcats Landing as fall semester site builds are completed.
UC research shows effectiveness of ointment that kills...
December 1, 2021
Research from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine shows that use of a topical drug, called AB569, a combination of acidified nitrite and EDTA (or ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) promotes killing of antibiotic-resistant bacteria while enhancing the healing of wounds in a variety of burn injuries. The study was published in the journal Infection and Immunity.