UC Safety Alert: Sept. 27, 2019
Sept. 27, 2019
Dear UC Community,
Please be aware that a sexual assault was reported to Cincinnati Police that possibly occurred at 101 E. Corry Street on Sept. 26, 2019, at 4 a.m. The victim, who is not a UC student, reported that there were three unknown suspects involved. The incident is under investigation by the Cincinnati Police Department.
Sexual assault includes sexual conduct or contact, as well as other activity of a sexual nature, without the consent of the other person or when knowing the other person is unable to consent. Sexual assault can range from voyeurism and public indecency to rape. Consent is informed, freely given, mutual and can be withdrawn at any time. For more information on consent, please go to https://uc.edu/titleix/policies-definitions.html.
If you or someone you know is a victim of a gender-based or sexual assault crime and do not want to file a police report, you can make a report with Title IX at https://uc.edu/titleix.html. For campus and community gender-based and sexual assault support services, visit www.uc.edu/safe.
Important Safety Tips:
Responsibility for sexual assault lies with the perpetrators, not the survivor. Most offenders assault someone they know. No one deserves, asks for, or provokes sexual assault. The following suggestions may help reduce the possibility of experiencing such a crime, or may improve opportunities to receive prompt assistance.
- If you see something, say something. It’s on all of us to keep campus safe. Visit https://www.uc.edu/campus-life/wellness/topic-areas/by-stander.html for more information on Bystander Intervention training.
- If you observe suspicious activity, or are a victim of a crime, call 911.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel unsafe, get to a safe place and call for help.
- NightRide is a free evening shuttle, call 513-556-RIDE.
- Download the Bearcat Guardian app for additional resources. The app is available for free on the App Store or Google Play. Search “Rave Guardian.”
In a non-emergency situation you can reach UCPD at 513-556-1111 or Cincinnati Police at 513-765-1212. For more information about UC’s safety resources, including the Bearcat Guardian app, visit www.uc.edu/publicsafety.
James L. Whalen
Director of Public Safety
Local Information: April 26, 2021
April 28, 2021
On April 26, 2021, police responded to the first block of W Daniels Street for a robbery report.
Local Information: April 16, 2021
April 19, 2021
On April 16, 2021, police responded to the 2600 block of Bellevue Avenue for a burglary report.
UC Alert: April 11, 2021
April 13, 2021
On April 11, 2021, UC Public Safety sent the below emergency notifications.