CCM Dance presents 'Cinderella' fairytale ballet
A timeless fairytale romance, 'Cinderella' “is among the most rewardingly rewatchable and relistenable ballets ever made” (New York Times)
The University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music’s (CCM) Mainstage Series presents Sergei Prokofiev’s romantic Cinderella ballet on Friday, April 26 through Sunday, April 28, 2019 at Patricia Corbett Theater. Choreographed by Artistic Director of the Dayton Ballet Karen Russo Burke, the production’s ensemble director is Michael Tevlin.
Cinderella is known for its jubilant melodies, lush scenery and graceful retelling of the timeless fairytale romance by Charles Perrault. A poor girl wishes to escape her evil stepmother and stepsisters, so her fairy godmother gives her a ticket to the ball! The girl meets prince charming and they fall in love, but she vanishes when the clock strikes midnight. CCM’s production of the beloved ballet features the college’s talented dance students as well as Dayton Ballet guest artist Ivan Braatz as the prince.
Burke has cast male dancers as the ugly stepsisters in CCM’s production of Cinderella, a convention that originates from Sir Frederick Ashton’s popular staging of the ballet for The Royal Ballet. Burke watched Ashton’s Cinderella choreography on TV as a young girl and was mesmerized by the performance. “Audiences were shocked to see such physical comedy in a ballet,” she remembers.
Celebrate spring’s arrival with this favorite rags-to-riches fairytale ballet. CCM Dance presents Cinderella from Friday, April 26 through Sunday, April 28, 2019. Tickets on sale now through the CCM Box Office.
CCM’s production of Cinderella will last 1 hour and 20 minutes, including a 15-minute intermission between Acts I and II and a 5-minute pause between Acts II and III.
- Karen Russo Burke, choreographer
- Michael Tevlin, ensemble director
- Lowell A. Mathwich, costume designer
- Nina Agelvis*, lighting designer
- Lindsey A. Cohen*, sound designer
- Ray Zupp, scenic designer
- Deirdre Carberry, Jiang Qi, Judith Mikita, Michael Tevlin, rehearsal directors
- Paul Gilliam, Gabrielle Sharp, repetiteurs
- Chyanne Fischer*, production coordinator
- Chelsea D. Taylor*, production stage manager
- Set and Costumes Courtesy of Dayton Ballet and the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance
- Act II Scenery Courtesy of Charlotte Ballet: Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux, Artistic Director
* CCM Student
- Yu-Ting Huang*+, Madison Holschuh#^ as Cinderella
- Sam Green, David Harris as Stepsisters
- Madeline Kallay*+, Julia Tze#^ as Stepmother
- Erin Donnelly*+, Juju Stojanovic #^ as Old Woman/Fairy Godmother
- Ellen Pierce *+, Erika Shi #^ as Dance Master
- Audrey Burdick #, Emily Kavenagh*, Zayne Stapleton +^ as Violinist
- Isabelle Cummings *+, Madeline Montgomery #^ as Dress Maker
- Audrey Burdick*+, Isabelle Cummings #^, Elaina Didier#^, Anna Donnelly*+, Emily Glaccum#^, Madeline Montgomery *+, Ellen Pierce#^, Lauren Sokol *+ as Birds
- Chia-Yi Cheng, Rebekah Degnan, Kate DeLon, Grace McCutcheon, Sarah Santarsiero, Rina Takikawa as Attendants
- Celina Merrill *+, Maeve Tom #^ as Spring Fairy
- Madison Holschuh*+, Lydia Hubacher#^ as Summer Fairy
- Kate Delon *+, Madeleine Brown#^ as Fall Fairy
- Ying-Chi Lu*+, Rina Takikawa #^ as Winter Fairy
- Alison Bartels*+, Sophia Beadie*+, Rebekah Degnan#^, Jake Elwell, Michael Haverty, Milton Holloway, Jonmarie Johnson*+, Emily Kavenagh#^, Amanda Kenner#^, Emily Kline*+, David Lopena, Grace McCutcheon *+, Anne McGovern#^, Elizabeth McGovern*+, Alyssa Pankey#^, Twyla Pojetta#^, Anna Lee Rohovec*+, Jillian Sadler, Olivia Thornton #^ as Courtiers
- Ivan Braatz as Prince
- Milton Holloway as Prince’s Assistant
* Denotes performers on Friday, April 26
# Denotes performers on Saturday, April 27 at 2 p.m.
+ Denotes performers on Saturday, April 27 at 8 p.m.
^ Denotes performers on Sunday, April 28
- 8 p.m. Friday, April 26
- 2 p.m. Saturday, April 27
- 8 p.m. Saturday, April 27
- 2 p.m. Sunday, April 28
Patricia Corbett Theater, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
Ticket prices start at $28. Discounts are available for UC and non-UC students. Service charges may apply for online orders.
Single tickets are on sale now! Tickets can be purchased in person at the CCM Box Office, over the telephone at 513-556-4183 or online through our e-Box Office!
Visit ccm.uc.edu/boxoffice for CCM Box Office hours and location.
Parking and Directions
Parking is available in the CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. Please visit uc.edu/parking for more information on parking rates.
For detailed maps and directions, please visit uc.edu/visitors. Additional parking is available off-campus at the U Square complex on Calhoun Street and other neighboring lots.
For directions to CCM Village, visit ccm.uc.edu/about/directions.
Mainstage Production Sponsor: Macy’s
Dance Department Supporter: The Corbett Endowment at CCM
The music for this production is provided by arrangement with G. Schirmer, INC., publisher and copyright owner.
Featured Image by Scott Kimmins
Accomplished violist Ayane Kozasa joins CCM's faculty
May 11, 2022
UC College-Conservatory of Music Dean Stanley E. Romanstein has announced the addition of accomplished violist Ayane Kozasa to the college’s roster of distinguished performing and media arts faculty members. Hailed by the Philadelphia Inquirer for her "magnetic, wide-ranging tone" and her "rock solid technique," Kozasa's appointment as assistant professor of viola begins on Aug. 15, 2022.
Parade: Fidget toys can be coping tools for depression and...
May 11, 2022
The University of Cincinnati's Shana Feibel was featured in a Parade article about the benefits of fidget toys to cope with anxiety and depression.
UC Blue Ash student receives national scholarship
May 10, 2022
UC Blue Ash College student Shelby Schepis will have some help in completing her bachelor’s degree thanks to a $2,500 scholarship from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT).