University Health Services has launched a new data capture system in partnership with the Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) that will help automate and streamline reporting and prevention of potential COVID-19 exposures for faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
The following individuals from the UC community are required to report to University Health Services:
- Anyone returning from international travel, regardless of country traveled from.
- Anyone returning from travel by cruise ship.
- Anyone returning from the Greater New York metropolitan area or other “hot spot” of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Anyone with close contact with an individual confirmed to have COVID-19 by laboratory testing or with a presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19, meaning not tested but diagnosed by a physician as likely to have the infection.
- Anyone living on campus in University Housing and having symptoms consistent with COVID-19, including flu-like symptoms with chills, muscle aches, and diarrhea, cough, shortness of breath, or fever. In addition, the sudden loss of the sense of smell or taste can be an early sign of COVID-19 and should be immediately reported.
Reporting is simple:
- Email COVIDWatch@uc.edu with your name and cell phone number if meet any of the above criteria.
- You will receive an immediate response with a link to an online form. Your responses will be entered into a HIPAA compliant database through REDCapTM (Research Electronic Data Capture) and will be confidential to the highest degree possible during this public health crisis.
- Your responses will be reviewed by a clinician, and you will receive individualized guidance by email. You will also be contacted by phone as deemed necessary by the reviewing clinician.
In addition, you may hear from UHS via email regarding an exposure on campus. Please respond immediately with the requested information, and you will receive specific guidance on how to manage your risk.
UHS developed this system in close collaboration with the UC Health COVID-19 Core Team as well as partners in our local and state health departments, and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
If you are having any symptoms you are concerned may be due to COVID-19, please contact UHS immediately at COVIDWatch@uc.edu
Please contact UHS at COVIDHelp@uc.edu if you have questions regarding the reporting process.
Visit uc.edu/publichealth for the latest information.