UC Libraries launches Click & Collect service for phased access to print materials
Request library materials by 9 a.m. Wednesday for Thursday pickup at select locations
Beginning immediately, the University of Cincinnati Libraries is providing users with phased access to print collection materials in order to support UC teaching and research.
The Click & Collect retrieval and pickup service allows UC users to request printed library materials in the Library Catalog for pickup at designated locations. Requests made by 9 a.m. Wednesdays will be available for pickup between noon and 4 p.m. on Thursdays. Due dates have been automatically set for Aug. 10.
At this time, Click & Collect is available for print collections in the Albino Gorno Memorial (CCM) Library, the Robert A. Deshon and Karl J. Schlachter Library for Design, Architecture, Art and Planning (DAAP), the Donald C. Harrison Health Sciences Library and to some degree the Archives and Rare Books Library (see details below).
Plans to expand the Click & Collect library collection retrieval service are underway for other library locations and will be announced soon.
Click & Collect printed library material retrieval locations and details per participating library:
- Blegen Library building, 6th floor, on a table immediately outside the library’s main entrance
- UC i.d. card swipe access to enter the Blegen Library building will be available and is required during the pickup period
- 5480 Aronoff Center for Design and Art on a table immediately outside the library’s entrance
- E005 CARE/Crawley Building on a table immediately inside the library’s entrance
- UC i.d. card swipe is required to enter the Medical Sciences Building (MSB)
- Available items are from the Roth and Browser collections and the general Health Sciences Library stacks
- Health Sciences Library items can be picked up by appointment only via https://uc.libcal.com/appointments/HSL?u=68589 noon-4 p.m. Thursdays. This appointment page is for Health Sciences Library pick-ups only
- Users should not set an appointment until after receipt of a confirmation e-mail regarding their retrieval request
- Contact email@example.com or (513) 558-0127 with questions
- Remains closed for in-person research until the beginning of fall semester. However, librarians are available to answer research needs and will arrange to deliver all materials electronically, through campus mail or through regular mail service.
- For assistance and more information, contact (513) 556-1959, e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on the web at https://libraries.uc.edu/libraries/arb.html
Updates to Click & Collect will continue to be posted online.
For other research and library service needs, the University of Cincinnati Libraries remains open and available online to provide users with access to library resources and services.
UC alum Jordan Thompson selected for U.S. Olympic Team
June 11, 2021
Former University of Cincinnati volleyball player Jordan Thompson was selected for the 2020 U.S. Olympic Women's Indoor Volleyball Team which will compete at the Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.
Civil engineering student grows through co-op
June 9, 2021
Before earning her civil engineering degree from the University of Cincinnati this spring, Nichole Criner interned abroad in Germany as part of UC's international co-op program and was awarded a prestigious leadership award from the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Better-fitting face masks greatly improve COVID-19 protection
June 9, 2021
University of Cincinnati researchers found that while N95 masks are effective barriers against airborne diseases like COVID-19, poorly fitting masks can have substantial leaks around the face that reduce their effectiveness and increase the risk of infection.