Ariel Quartet opens its CCM concert series on Sept. 6
The performance features Beethoven's first three string quartets
The internationally acclaimed Ariel Quartet opens its fall 2022 concert series at UC's College-Conservatory of Music with a performance at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at Robert J. Werner Recital Hall. Featuring Beethoven's first three string quartets (Op. 18, Nos. 1-3), tickets for the performance are on sale through the CCM Box Office.
The Ariel Quartet — comprised of Alexandra “Sasha” Kazovsky, violin; Amit Even-Tov, cello; Gershon Gerchikov, violin; and Jan Grüning, viola — has served as CCM’s string quartet-in-residence since 2012.
The group's opening concert begins with Beethoven's String Quartet in D major, Op. 18, No. 3 and then continues with String Quartet in G major, Op. 18, No. 2. After a brief intermission, the perfomance ends with String Quartet in F major, Op. 18, No. 1. View the digital program for the concert.
"These quartets are true masterworks," Kazovsky says. "Beethoven quartets are regarded as the cornerstone of the string quartet repertoire. For generations after, composers felt intimidated to write their own works for this genre, feeling overshadowed by Beethoven's oeuvre."
The string quartets of Beethoven's Op. 18 were originally published as a set of six in 1801, following a tradition set by Haydn and Mozart. The Ariel Quartet performed these pieces in its debut Beethoven cycle at CCM during the 2013-14 performance season. Learn more about The Cycle and watch archived performance videos on the Ariel Quartet's website.
7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2022
Robert J. Werner Recital Hall, CCM Village
University of Cincinnati
All of CCM's ticketed events will have digital programs instead of printed programs. QR codes will be displayed at events to give access to the digital programs to patrons. The programs are also accessibile through the link below. Programs for events will be shared shortly before the event date.
Repertoire and dates are subject to change. View CCM’s inclement weather policy here.
Tickets are $29.50; student and group discounts available. Purchase your tickets:
- Online at ccmonstage.universitytickets.com
- Over the phone at 513-556-4183
- In person at the CCM Box Office in the Atrium of UC's Corbett Center for the Performing Arts.
CCM’s Box Office is open Mon-Fri from 12:30-6 p.m., Sat. from 12-4 p.m. and one hour prior to curtain for ticketed performances. Hours subject to change based on the University of Cincinnati calendar.
Directions and Parking
CCM is located on the campus of the University of Cincinnati. For detailed driving directions, visit ccm.uc.edu/directions.
Parking is available in UC's CCM Garage (located at the base of Corry Boulevard off Jefferson Avenue) and additional garages throughout the UC campus. CCM OnStage patrons can add pre-paid parking to their checkout carts when purchasing tickets. Pre-paid parking is date/performance specific. CCM Garage parking rates for a performance or special event is usually available for $10-15. Learn more about parking at UC's CCM Garage.
For additional information on parking at UC, please visit uc.edu/about/parking.
- Louise Dieterle Nippert Trust
- Scholarship and Resident Artist Sponsor
- The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- CSO/CCM Diversity Fellowship Sponsor
- The Corbett Endowment at CCM
- Dance Department Sponsor
- All-Steinway School Sponsor
- Louise H. & David S. Ingalls Foundation, Inc.
- Community Partners
- The Joseph and Frances Jones Poetker Fund of the Cambridge Charitable Foundation, Ritter & Randolph, LLC, Corporate Counsel
- Visiting Artists & Thinking About Music Sponsor
- CCMpower: Friends and Alumni Fueling the Future of the Arts
The Strader Fund at the Greater Cincinnati Foundation
- CCM Digital Sponsors
- Dr. & Mrs. Carl G. Fischer
Gary & Barb Cummins
Jim & Linda Miller
George & Carroll Roden
- Musical Theatre Department Sponsors
- Genevieve Smith
- Opera Production Sponsor
- Rafael and Kimberly de Acha
- Opera D’Arte Sponsor
- An Anonymous Donor
- Estate of Mr. William A. Friedlander
- Mrs. William A. Friedlander
- Dr. Randolph L. Wadsworth
- Judith Schonbach Landgren and Peter Landgren
- Mr. & Mrs. Harry H. Santen
- Elizabeth C.B. Sittenfeld
- Mr. & Mrs. Thomas E. Stegman
- Mrs. Theodore W. Striker
- Mrs. Harry M. Hoffheimer
- Ariel Quartet Sponsors
- Jan Rogers
- Willard and Jean Mulford Charitable Fund of the Cambridge Charitable Foundation
- Choral Studies Sponsors
Classical Guitar Sponsor
- Mr. & Mrs. Joseph W. Hirschhorn
- Orchestral Sponsor
- Dorothy Richard Starling Foundation
- Starling Pre-Collegiate Sponsor
- Starling Strings Sponsor
- Dr. Timothy E. and Janet L. Johnson
- Thom Miles and Roberta Gary
- Organ Department Sponsors
- Keyboard Club of Cincinnati
Louis and Susan Meisel
- Piano Department Sponsors
Kevin and Nancy Rhein
Wind Studies Sponsor
- Edward Donovan and Cheryl Carter
- Jeff Thomas Catering
- The Castleberry Family
- KMK Law
- Paula Boggs Muething & Brian Muething
- Patti Myers & Alan Flaherty
- Trish & Rick Bryan
- Graeter’s Ice Cream
- eat well celebrations and feasts
The Summit Hotel
- Event Sponsors
- Buddy Rogers Music
- LINKS Sponsor Sponsors listed as of August 30, 2022