MyDesk virtual desktop maintenance set for March 16
vDesktop service will be unavailable 8-11 p.m., Thursday, Mar. 16
MyDesk virtual desktop (vDesktop) service, including remote access to many of the software options available in on-campus computer labs, will be unavailable from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., Thursday, Mar. 16, during a planned maintenance window. The update will improve virtual desktop performance, reliability, and security.
What you can expect
vDesktop connections through the VMware Horizon desktop client or HTML web client will not be available from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., Thursday, Mar. 16.
- Students, faculty, and staff will not be able to start a new MyDesk vDesktop session during the planned maintenance window.
- Sessions already in progress may get disconnected between 8 and 11 p.m.
- You will be able to access MyDesk virtual desktops after the maintenance window ends.
Technical help and support
If you experience any issues following this maintenance window, please contact the IT Service Desk.
- Submit a ticket.
- Or call us.
- From your personal phone, dial 513-556-HELP (4357) or 866-397-3382; select option 2.
- From a university phone on campus, dial 6-HELP (4357); select option 2.