Some UC IT services will be down May 12-14
Some IT services provided to students, faculty and staff at the University of Cincinnati will be down for maintenance between May 12 and 14.
Many cloud-based services will remain available during the maintenance period.
Select IT services and systems will be unavailable starting at 6 p.m. Friday, May 12, to 8 a.m. Sunday, May 14, during a planned power outage in the university's primary data center.
Contractors will replace a power panel feed to the university’s primary Data Center on Saturday, May. 13.
The maintenance requires a planned power outage in the data center that will affect access to some IT services and online systems from approximately 6 p.m., Friday, May 12, to 8 a.m., Sunday, May 14.
Many commonly used cloud-hosted services will remain available.
IT systems hosted in the data center will not be available.
- Adobe Experience Manager Author (AEM, the “uc.edu” web content management system)
- AiM-Work Control
- Animal Operations Research Administration Portal (AOPS)
- Animal Protocol Research Administration Portal (IACUC)
- Annual Performance Review System
- Bearcat Card transactions (Note: Bearcat Cardholders will be unable to purchase goods and services or deposit funds to their Bearcat Card account during the data center outage period. Your Bearcat Card will continue to work for door access/residence hall access.)
- CaRT-Catalyst Reporting Tool
- Catalyst (Student information system)
- Cohesity Enterprise Backup Environment (Backup/restore function unavailable)
- College of Medicine Effort Reporting
- DTS Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM/SCCM)
- ELCE/PAL (Co-op 2.0 system)
- eRPT (Electronic Reappointment and Tenure)
- Homepages (cPanel)
- Human Subjects Research Administration Portal (IRB)
- OnSite Chemical Inventory
- Outside Activity Report
- Password Self Service (UC password re-sets)
- Research Directory
- Personal (Home) and Shared (Departmental) network drives (Isilon storage)
- Tableau Server
- UC Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research (UCSIM) website
- UC Directory (Online faculty/staff directory)
- UC Flex (HR/Finance and reporting)
- UC Treasury Portal (UCT Portal for credit memo processing, PCI compliance, personal service contracts)
Systems that will remain available:
Many commonly used IT systems will be available.
- 25 Live (Space management system)
- 3Play Media (Captioning system)
- Asset Works-Surplus Management
- Bearcat Guardian (Public Safety app)
- Bearcat Portal (New student portal)
- Bearcats Landing (Faculty/staff intranet, Microsoft SharePoint)
- Canvas (Learning management system)
- Concur (Travel and expense system)
- Digital Accessibility Gateway
- Echo 360 (Lecture capture and active learning tools system)
- Kaltura (Media storage and media creation tool)
- LinkedIn Learning
- MED.UC.EDU Websites (Note: Sites will be available; however, eProfessional and Research Directory data will be missing from some pages.)
- Microsoft Office 365 (UC Email, Teams, OneDrive, etc.)
- PACE (Purchasing and contracting tool)
- Research How2
- Research Kuali (Grants management system)
- Research UC (“research.uc.edu” website)
- ServiceNow (IT Service Portal including help tickets, IT Knowledge Base, IT Service Catalog, and Systems Status)
- UC COVID Check
- UC.EDU Websites (Note: UCSIM website will not be available.)
- UC Login Services (Authentication, including Duo Two-Factor Authentication)
- UC On-Campus Network (Wired and wireless internet connections)
- UC On-Campus Phone/Voicemail Service
- VPN (AnyConnect VPN connection to on-campus network)
- Zoom (Web conferencing tool for teaching and learning)
If you experience any issues following this planned IT maintenance event, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Or, call us.
From a personal phone, dial 513-556-HELP (4357) or 866-397-3382; select option 2.
From a university phone on campus, dial 6-HELP (4357); select option 2.
Bearcat Portal positively impacts student success
November 10, 2022
The Bearcat Portal supports the Next Lives Here Bearcat Promise to accelerate student success and graduate impact-driven leaders.
October is cybersecurity awareness month
September 30, 2022
Throughout the month of October, we’ll share a variety of resources to help you outsmart cyberthreats and protect you and your family from online attacks.
CDO announces new organization to support digital transformation
September 19, 2022
University of Cincinnati vice president and chief digital officer Bharath Prabhakaran (CDO) revealed the name of the new organization he leads at UC—Digital Technology Solutions—at a Fall Celebration for his staff on September 13.