TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve
While the TEACH Grant Program was originally funded at annual $4,000 awards, the federal budget sequester that went into effect on March 1, 2013, has adjusted the amounts that could be awarded students within subsequent timeframes. All other provisions of the program remained the same.
Instead of $4,000 annual amounts, awards first disbursed during these timeframes were reduced accordingly:
- 10/01/2023 - 09/30/2024: $3,772 reflecting a 5.7% cut.
- 10/01/2022 - 09/30/2023: $3,772 reflecting a 5.7% cut.
- 10/01/2021 - 09/30/2022: $3,772 reflecting a 5.7% cut.
- 10/01/2020 - 09/30/2021: $3,772 reflecting a 5.7% cut.*
- 10/01/2019 - 09/30/2020: $3,764 reflecting a 5.9% cut.*
- 10/01/2018 - 09/30/2019: $3,752 reflecting a 6.2% cut.*
- 10/01/2017 - 09/30/2018: $3,736 reflecting a 6.6% cut.*
- 10/01/2016 - 09/30/2017: $3,724 reflecting a 6.9% cut.
- 10/01/2015 - 09/30/2016: $3,728 reflecting a 6.8% cut.*
- 10/01/2014 - 09/30/2015: $3,708 reflecting a 7.3% cut.
- 10/01/2013 - 09/30/2014: $3,964 reflecting a .89% cut.
- 03/01/2013 - 09/30/2013: $3,712 reflecting a 7.2% cut.
Congressional action on the annual federal budget (hence the October 1 effective dates now) will continue to determine any other cuts or restoration to the program.
*Though not a substantial difference, some students delay requesting TEACH awards until after October 1 in order to receive the increased amount when there are increases in funding. Tuition bills remain due as scheduled, and payments are required accordingly to avoid late fees.
The TEACH Grant service agreement specifies the conditions under which the grant will be awarded, the teaching service requirements, and includes an acknowledgment by you that you understand that, if you do not meet the teaching service requirements, you must repay the grant as a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan with interest accrued from the date the grant funds were first disbursed.
Students awarded the TEACH Grant will complete the ATS online. It will require the use of your U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid Identificaiton (FSA ID) for your electronic signature.
Failure to complete the TEACH Grant ATS and the annual required counseling will prevent disbursement of funds to your online bill for that year.