Distinguished Research Professor Award (AHSS)
Nomination Deadline: November 21, 2022
The awarding of the title of Distinguished Research Professor to a faculty member in Arts, Humanities or Social Science (AHSS) represents the highest level of recognition for achievements and contributions in AHSS research at the University of Cincinnati.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Colleges may nominate no more than two individuals each year
- The nominee must have at least a seven-year commitment to teaching graduate or undergraduate students at this or another institution
Recognition and Award
Recipients are recognized at the UC Faculty Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and an award of $2,000.
With the approval of the Dean, one nominee from the previous year can be nominated again and the required three external letters of recommendation do not have to be re-requested.
Nomination and Submission Guidelines
Nomination Submission Deadline
Monday, November 21, 2022
Nomination Package Submission Process
- Nominations come from the academic college by a process recommended by the Dean and approved by the Provost.
- Submit all nomination materials as a single PDF document using the Distinguished Research Professors (AHSS) nomination form.
Nomination Package Required Contents
Letter of Nomination from the Dean that includes:
- Documentation that the nominee has national and international stature as a scholar, visual or performing artist, or practitioner in field of expertise
- Documentation that the nominee has at least a seven-year (7) commitment to teaching, service and/or research
- A complete academic CV for the nominee
- Copies of two (2) scholarly publications or creative works which have appeared in peer-reviewed journals/books/galleries about or by the nominee related to their scholarly, artistic, and/or professional achievements
- Letter of recommendation from the appropriate Department or Unit Head
- Letters of evaluation by three (3) scholars, visual or performing artists, or practitioners in field of expertise who have international standing in the nominee’s academic area and who have had no affiliation current or past with the University of Cincinnati. The Dean is responsible for requesting the external letters.