Office of Faculty Affairs and Academic Personnel
Academic Personnel advises and assists faculty members, deans, associate deans, and department heads with matters related to the UC/AAUP Collective Bargaining Agreement and the Rules of the Board of Trustees. It also administers reappointment, promotion, and tenure procedures; disciplinary procedures; grievances; leaves; search procedures; compensation issues; retirement incentive procedures; shared governance issues; and other faculty matters.
It is the mission of the Office of Faculty Affairs and Academic Personnel to:
- Support the success of UC’s faculty and other academic personnel by providing accurate and timely service and planning for emerging needs and issues;
- Serve as a resource for information, interpretation, implementation, training and compliance with the faculty collective bargaining agreement (CBA) with the AAUP-UC Chapter as well as relevant UC policies, rules and procedures;
- Guide faculty and administrators in the implementation of policies, rules, and CBA provisions that impact the terms and conditions of employment of academic personnel;
- Facilitate academic personnel and employee relation functions in a fair and consistent manner; and
- Provide advice, support, training and professional education to UC faculty, deans, unit heads, and their staffs.
Contact the Office of Faculty Affairs and Academic Personnel
Questions regarding information or data presented on the webpages of the Office of Faculty Affairs and Academic Personnel may be addressed to the officials listed below via e-mail. General Questions and Approval Requests please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Director of Faculty Affairs and Academic Personnel
Melissa J. Hobbs
Assistant to Office of Faculty Affairs and Academic Personnel
Assoc. Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs and Special Initiatives
Van Wormer Hall - 340A