Faculty Entrepreneurship Award
Nomination Deadline: November 21, 2022
Entrepreneurial achievement contributes to the vitality, prestige and economic growth of the university and has been shown to have a significant impact on regional economic prosperity. Recognizing the importance of entrepreneurial activity to the University of Cincinnati, as well as our region and state, this award has been created for exceptional faculty achievement in promoting and maximizing the commercial potential and human benefits of university intellectual property and/or research.
Prior to 2021, an emerging and an established entrepreneurship award was given. Those awards have now been merged into a single award, now called the Faculty Entrepreneurship Award.
Criteria and Eligibility
This award is for faculty with a record of successful entrepreneurship evidenced by milestones such as:
- demonstrating initial commercial feasibility and/or societal impact
- investment capital raised
- major partnerships that support commercialization
- other external evidence that points to an entrepreneurial venture that is currently, or that will be, successful
Recognition and Award
Recipients are recognized at the UC Faculty Awards Ceremony and receive a plaque and an award of $2,000.
Nomination and Submission Guidelines
Nomination Submission Deadline
Monday, November 21, 2022
Nomination Package Submission Process
All materials should be submitted as a single PDF document using the Faculty Entrepreneurship Nomination Form.
Nomination Package Required Contents
- One letter of self-interest or letter nominating a colleague describing their contribution to commercialization at UC
- Faculty nominee’s C.V. (No more than 5 pages)