George Rieveschl Jr. Award for Creative and/or Scholarly Works
Nomination Deadline: November 21, 2022
This award was set up through the generosity of Dr. George Rieveschl to recognize distinguished achievements of national and international acclaim in the areas of scholarly and/or creative work.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Full-time faculty member of the University of Cincinnati
- The award is given for a particular work or for the sum of a faculty member’s accomplishments, with emphasis on work carried out at the University of Cincinnati
Recognition and Award
Recipients are recognized at the UC Faculty Awards Ceremony, receive a plaque and an award of $2,000, and have their names added to the Hall of Achievement in the TUC.
Nominations from previous years may be resubmitted.
Nomination and Submission Guidelines
Nomination Submission Deadline
Monday, November 21, 2022
Nomination Package Submission Process
- Faculty may nominate themselves or colleagues
- All materials should be submitted in a single pdf file using the George Rieveschl Jr. Award for Creative and/or Scholarly Works Nomination Form
Nomination Package Required Contents
- Nominee’s CV
- All nominations should be fully documented and include evidence of the impact of the nominee's work
- The nominating letter should make a case for the excellence of the candidate’s work
- It is the responsibility of the nominator to include internal and external letters in support of the nomination
- These should be recent and relevant to the award
- Letters from outside the United States are welcome
- Supporting materials should comprise the broadest possible samples of work, such as articles, books, critical reviews, and documentation of performances, exhibitions, and presentations