General Education Core
General Education Core from great beginnings to graduation and beyond.
The General Education Core has a firm foundation in UC’s Academic Plan, to reaffirm liberal education as the core to preparing students as life-long learners. Our General Education course requirements are purposefully designed to strengthen four important learning outcomes or competencies throughout the student’s progress toward their degree.
General Education at the University of Cincinnati:
- emphasizes critical thinking
- develops effective verbal, written, oral, and visual communication
- includes familiarity with multiple areas of traditional knowledge
- supports intellectual excellence and openness
- integrates study among disciplines
- encourages commitment to personal social accountability and responsibility
- promotes awareness of the world at large
- fosters information literacy
- values lifelong learning
- encourage contextual linkages