November is Risk Management Month at UC
Enterprise Risk Management shares 5 things to keep in mind
As we pursue the Next Lives Here vision, we are charged to boldly go after the limits of what is possible and usher in a new era of innovation and impact. It is that call to action that propels us forward and yet keeps us grounded in a simple principle: Do the Right Thing.
Help us shape the Boldly Bearcat experience at UC and show your commitment by joining in and sharing the activities below which are open to all faculty, staff and students.
1. Campus connections trivia
Join us online at Menti.com for a quick trivia game, daily November 5 through 8 at 12:30 to 12:35 p.m. for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card by testing your knowledge on the following campus resources:
- Monday: Enterprise Risk Management
- Tuesday: Information Security
- Wednesday: Student Wellness (CAPS)
- Thursday: Research Integrity
Learn more at ERM's Risk Management Month website. To be eligible for prizes, players will enter PIN (posted the day of the event) and your UC M#.
2. 'Why doing the right thing matters'
Create a <1-minute video with your personal response to the prompt "Why doing the right thing matters" and submit to ERM@UC.EDU by 5pm November 23. Win a $100 Visa gift card for the following categories:
- Most compelling
- Most creative
- Best promotion of risk management
Learn more at ERM's Risk Management Month website.
3. New ERM class
Join us for our new professional development class, ERM Rules & Tools debuting November 7 from 2 to 4 p.m. This class provides tools for frontline managers who create and protect UC’s value by assessing and managing risks, furthering opportunities in their own departments and projects, making informed decisions, setting and achieving objectives and improving performance. Log in to Success Factors, type ERM Rules & Tools in the Find Learning box, click View Course Dates and Register Now.
4. New Risk Control Award
Encourage submissions to this new award (up to $1000) sponsored by UC Department of Enterprise Risk Management. The award is given to a UC unit(s) and/or registered student organization(s) to develop or promote risk control initiatives that improve student experience. Risk control is taking proactive measures to prevent or reduce the impact of identified risks. The awardee(s) will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Principle: Demonstrates sound identification, assessment and evaluation of a particular risk (reference About ERM webpage for additional information).
- Influence: Shapes knowledge, attitudes and behaviors toward a particular risk that may inform decision making, objectives and strategies.
- Innovation: Develops or utilizes new techniques to control the risk.
- Effectiveness: Takes actions that lead to measurable reduction of the risk.
5. What about ERM?
Check out our enhanced About ERM webpage including information about UC's Risk Council and the ERM process, complete with templates and examples.
Questions can be directed to Chief Risk Officer Anita Ingram.