Check in to cash in with Be Well UC
The year is nearly half gone, but there’s still plenty of opportunities to join your colleagues and earn Be Well UC incentives for 2019. If you haven’t already started, it’s not too late to make the first 50 points a fast $50 on your July paycheck — so get moving!
More than 700 UC employees are on track to earn the full $300 incentive in 2019, with almost 1,700 employees earning more than 124,400 points as of May 2019. What this means is that plenty of people are already engaged and working toward wellness — how about you? Not sure where to start? Here are a few ideas to keep you motivated this summer:
- Join a Craft and Chat session to feel creative and meet colleagues from around campus (10 points each).
- Complete a Choose Your Own Challenge – or better yet, team up with a colleague to complete one (or more) together. Weekly and monthly options available on topics like choosing a playlist, decluttering your space and mind, and eating the rainbow (10 points each).
- Participate in a Connect and Reflect conversation around topics like Emotional Intelligence, Altruism and the Blue Zones (10 points each).
- Chat 1:1 with a health coach to help set a plan for making wellness a priority (25 points).
- Stop by a Wellness Wednesday Jam Sessions to have your questions answered (10 points).
If you haven't yet received incentives from Be Well this year, you can earn your “First $50” on your July paycheck just for logging 50 points by June 30!
Did you know – you can earn 10 points for doing each of these upcoming events on campus:
- Helping Hands – Aug. 20-22. Contact Elaine Ampfer in Campus Services for details.
- 9/11 Stadium Stairs Climb – hosted by Veteran’s Programs and Services annually.
- UC Blue Ash Dash – Sept. 21. This annual race raises funds for UCBA student scholarships (and usually has a sleep in option).
- UC Dash & Bash 5K or 1819K – Oct. 6. Visit http://bearcatsdash.com/ for details and to register.
Be sure to save the date for some upcoming events as well:
- Sept. 9-Octo. 7: Participate in the Live Out Loud challenge and earn 20 points.
- Sept. 24: Be the Change event with first chance for flu shots and earn up to 40 points.
- Oct. 17 and 31, Nov. 6 and 19: UC Health Mammography Van will be on campus. Call 513-584-PINK (7465) to schedule your appointment today and earn 10 points.
- October and November dates available for annual flu vaccines, provided by HealthWorks. Registration coming soon. Earn 5 points.
- Nov. 6: Benefits Fair, where you can earn up to 40 points while learning more about what's available to you as an employee.
Psychology Today: The amazing world of jumping spiders
December 7, 2021
Psychology Today highlights research by University of Cincinnati biologist Nathan Morehouse to explain the bizarre and varied ways that jumping spiders communicate with each other.
WJAR: Does your body clock cause binge eating?
December 7, 2021
The University of Cincinnati's Dr. Francisco Romo-Nava details his research looking into how the body's circadian rhythms affect binge eating.
Rethinking Your Employee Benefits Strategy Can Help You Fight...
December 7, 2021
What’s a Sansdemic you ask? It means without people, or, in this case, without enough people. We were heading this direction prior to the pandemic. However, the shutdown created a situation where many baby boomers realized how much they loved working from home. Others realized they could afford to retire early, largely due to the additional savings achieved by having a two-income household compared to prior generations where one spouse often stayed at home. Additionally, at a time when there are record numbers of open job positions, government subsidies have caused many people to delay engaging in long-term careers.