IT@UC offers back-to-school resources
Get the IT news and info you need
Welcome (back) to the University of Cincinnati! The IT@UC Back-to-School Campaign connects you to the IT services, resources, and information to help you during the busy back-to-school rush.
IT@UC Website for Students
We refreshed the content on our website (uc.edu/about/ucit) to better connect you to the IT services and information you need.
Select a link below to view the page.
- Campus & Students: Physical spaces and services on campus (e.g. Langsam Library Computer Lab and Wēpa printing stations).
- Cybersecurity Education & Awareness: The refreshed IT@UC public website includes content from the Office of Information Security (uc.edu/infosec) geared toward students and university visitors.
- Get Connected: Set up your Password Self Service profile, enroll in Duo, and access UC_Secure Wireless.
- Get Started: New to UC? Use our quickstart guide to set up your technology before you arrive on campus and once you get here.
- News: Get the latest IT@UC news about technology innovation and changes occurring at the University of Cincinnati.
- Policies: Information Security policies that govern access to UC’s information and information systems.
- Software & Technology Tools: Access software and technology tools including Microsoft Office 365, Zoom, and MyDesk (Virtual Desktop) anywhere, any time, on any device.
- Submit a Help Ticket: Shows you the fastest way to submit a ticket to the IT@UC Service Desk.
Information security news you can use
Welcome Bearcats! The UC Office of Information Security is your trusted partner for information security at UC.
Read the Fall Information Security Newsletter for tips and resources to keep your information on lock. Topics include:
- Passwords and Duo Security
- Be Aware! Phishing on the Rise!
- Welcome Week & More!
Activate Your UC Zoom Account
Zoom is the web conferencing tool for teaching and learning.
- Instructors may hold class meetings or office hours in Zoom.
- Students can also host meetings in Zoom.
Check out the IT@UC Knowledge Base for Zoom how-to articles. We’ve linked directly to a few of them below.
Canvas Learning Management System
Don't See Your Courses in Canvas?
If you do not see your courses in Canvas, do any or all the following:
- If you recently registered for the course, allow 48 hours for it to process and check Canvas again.
- If you register for courses late, please allow 24 to 48 hours for it to process and check Canvas.
- See if your course is listed in the All Courses section of Canvas.
- Reach out to the instructor directly. It is possible they have not published the course yet.
Too many courses on your Canvas Dashboard?
FYI: Wireless Updates Underway
IT@UC technicians will be on-site to update and improve the WiFi environment in many student-centered locations (e.g. classrooms, lecture halls, residence halls, TUC etc.) on UC’s Uptown Clifton Campus through August.
You may experience brief interruptions to wireless service while network engineers complete and test the planned improvements.
- If you get disconnected, we recommend waiting 5 minutes before logging back into WiFi.
- Please contact the IT@UC Service Desk if you experience any issues re-connecting to wireless after the recommended 5-minutes.
Technology trouble? IT happens.
Check the IT@UC Knowledge Base
Get how-to instructions in the IT@UC Knowledge Base.
Submit a Ticket
Sign into the IT Services Portal (uc.edu/ithelp) with your username and password. Then, select the “Submit a Ticket” button below to create a request for IT assistance.
Call the IT@UC Service Desk for General IT Issues
- From a personal phone, dial 513-556-HELP (4357) or 866-397-3382; select option 2.
- From a university phone on campus, dial 6-HELP (4357); select option 2.
Call 24/7 Canopy Support for Canopy/eLearning Tool Issues