Minor Student Travelers

Minor students are able to participate on UC International programs that are led by a UC faculty / staff member, pending admissions into a program and the completion of minor participation documents.

A minor student at the University of Cincinnati and UC International Programs is identified as any student who is under the age of eighteen (18, and therefore under the age of legal responsibility) at the point of time that the student first applies for his/her study abroad program.

Minor students are generally ineligible to participate on UC Exchange Programs, UC co-op programs, and External Provider programs (e.g. USAC, ISA, etc.) due to these organizations' additional application requirements.

Requirements to go abroad

Minor students who wish to go abroad must be fully matriculated.

  • Students who are fully matriculated are defined by the University of Cincinnati as being enrolled in a degree program upon admission to UC.
  • Students in the University of Cincinnati's College Credit Plus program are not permitted to participate in study abroad programs per the College Plus program policies.

At the time of application, the minor student and parents / guardians must sign all UC International forms and releases for studying abroad that are part of the online application. The forms should be submitted in hard copy to the UC International office.

Prior to travel, the minor student's parents / guardians must complete all minor participation documents for the study abroad experience. All of the documents require a notary's signature. UC International will upload electronic copies to the student's online application.

  • Download the Consent for a Minor Study Abroad Travel and Participation form.
  • Download the Travel Authorization of a Minor to Leave the U.S. form.
  • Download the Consent for Medical Treatment of a Minor form.