If you are involved in an emergency abroad, please reach out for help. UC International wants to make sure that all of our students are safe and healthy while abroad, and you have many resources available to help you.

  1. If you are in immediate danger or harm, call local emergency responders.
  2. Contact your in-country point person (resident director, faculty leader, etc.).
  3. Call UC staff to report the situation. UC International and Public Safety's contact information is provided.
  4. Contact the closest U.S. embassy or consulate, if applicable to your emergency.
  5. Contact your international insurance provider. For most UC students, your international insurance provider is CISI Insurance.

UC's Public Safety department offers 24/7 emergency services to students per the UC Student Related Critical Incidents Response Policy. You can call or email the office at any time to report an emergency abroad.

Be prepared to give your full name, the nature of your emergency, a number where you can be contacted, your location, and how long you will be at that location.

During business hours (8am - 5pm EST), you can call UC International to report your emergency.

  • Phone: +1 (513) 556-4278

If you are utilizing CISI Insurance, you can receive 24/7 medical, travel, and legal assistance.