Insurance for Study Abroad
All UC students traveling abroad on university-sanctioned or funded international travel are required to purchase and maintain continuous insurance coverage while abroad.
UC International partners with Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) to provide insurance that meets mandatory coverage levels.
- The cost of CISI is $11.75/week or $39.50/month.
- Students traveling on a UC faculty-led program will typically be automatically enrolled and the cost will be included in your program fee. If you are unsure about your enrollment, check with your faculty leader.
- Students traveling on exchange, external provider programs or co-op programs will self-enroll in CISI using the instructions below.
- CISI self-enrollment allows students to enroll themselves directly in the UC group insurance plan.
- UC's sponsor code is CIN.
- You will receive an email from "CISI Enrollments" with your personalized ID card and detailed coverage information.
UC's CISI insurance plan will cover:
- Medical Benefit up to $100,000 per occurrence
- Emergency Medical Evacuation (military, political, personal threat, natural disaster) covered up to $250,000
- Repatriation of Remains covered up to $100,000
- Security Evacuation covered up to $100,000