CCM students, alumni unite in virtual performance of ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’
Alumnus Harrison Sheckler organized 300 musicians from around the world for the special concert
UC College-Conservatory of Music alumnus Harrison Sheckler (BM Piano, ’19) united 300 musicians from 15 countries for a virtual performance of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from Carousel. The performance is available to watch online.
Now a student at the Conservatory of Music of Brooklyn College, Sheckler spent over 200 hours promoting, organizing submissions and video editing the project. He collected tracks from countries all over the world, including the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Vietnam, Israel, Australia, South Africa and more.
The video features 30 CCM students and alumni representing multiple areas of the college including musical theatre, composition, music education, violin, cello, double bass, oboe, flute, piano, tuba, horn and more. It was produced by CCM Commercial Music Production alumni Josh Meyer and Grant Bayer, who are audio engineers at Cincinnati’s Zated Records. CCM students and alumni involved in the performance include:
- Jenny Mollet (BFA Musical Theatre, ’19)
- Giselle Haas (BM Music Education, ’19)
- Kanako Shimasaki – current DMA Violin student
- Maciej Latawiec (Matthew) – current DMA Violin student
- Li-Han Eliza Tseng (DMA Violoncello, ’19)
- Maksym Mahlay – current BM Composition and Piano student
- Carolyn Regula – former DMA Violoncello student
- Isabel Dimoff (BM Violoncello, ’18)
- Jonathan Lin (BM Violoncello, ’18)
- Micah Donar (BM Violoncello, ’17; MM Violoncello, ‘19)
- Peter Ryan (MM Violoncello, ’19) – current DMA Violoncello current
- Kimber Elayne Sprawl (BFA Musical Theatre, ’14)
- Natalie Orth (BM Violin, ’20)
- Taiga Benito – current BM Double Bass student
- Dan Qiao (MM Violin, ’17) – current DMA Violin student
- Taylor Overholt (BM Clarinet, ’19)
- Collin Goff – current BM Music Education and Clarinet
- Katie Riley – current BM Flute student
- Ray Haim (BM Music Education, ’18)
- Sarah Minneman – current DMA Oboe student
- Bryan Lyons (BM Oboe, ’97) – current DMA Oboe student
- Patrick Grimone (BM Oboe, ’19)
- Eliza Edge (BM Horn, ’19)
- Griffin Botts (BM Horn, ’17) – current MM Horn student
- Ryan Penshorn – former BM Horn student
- Phillip Palmore (BM Horn, ’20)
- Evan Sacks-Wilner – current BM Tuba student
- Harrison Sheckler (BM Piano, ’19)
- Josh Meyer (BM Commercial Music Production, ’18)
- Grant Bayer (BM Commercial Music Production, ’18)
Students establish Association for Women of Color in Engineering
May 12, 2021
Three University of Cincinnati student found a new student organization to support women of color in engineering.
WXIX: UC non-profit economics center honors Cincinnati-area...
May 12, 2021
The Alpaugh Family Economics Center celebrates teachers with message from atop the golden arches
WLWT: COVID-19 patients total 170 at local hospitals, not a...
May 11, 2021
Carl Fichtenbaum, MD, of the UC College of Medicine Division of Infectious Diseases, was cited as a source in a story broadcast by WLWT-TV on a recent report showing that of the 170 COVID-19 patients in local hospitals, none had received one of the vaccines for the virus.