CCM students, alumni unite in virtual performance of ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’
Alumnus Harrison Sheckler organized 300 musicians from around the world for the special concert
UC College-Conservatory of Music alumnus Harrison Sheckler (BM Piano, ’19) united 300 musicians from 15 countries for a virtual performance of Rodgers and Hammerstein’s “You’ll Never Walk Alone” from Carousel. The performance is available to watch online.
Now a student at the Conservatory of Music of Brooklyn College, Sheckler spent over 200 hours promoting, organizing submissions and video editing the project. He collected tracks from countries all over the world, including the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Vietnam, Israel, Australia, South Africa and more.
The video features 30 CCM students and alumni representing multiple areas of the college including musical theatre, composition, music education, violin, cello, double bass, oboe, flute, piano, tuba, horn and more. It was produced by CCM Commercial Music Production alumni Josh Meyer and Grant Bayer, who are audio engineers at Cincinnati’s Zated Records. CCM students and alumni involved in the performance include:
- Jenny Mollet (BFA Musical Theatre, ’19)
- Giselle Haas (BM Music Education, ’19)
- Kanako Shimasaki – current DMA Violin student
- Maciej Latawiec (Matthew) – current DMA Violin student
- Li-Han Eliza Tseng (DMA Violoncello, ’19)
- Maksym Mahlay – current BM Composition and Piano student
- Carolyn Regula – former DMA Violoncello student
- Isabel Dimoff (BM Violoncello, ’18)
- Jonathan Lin (BM Violoncello, ’18)
- Micah Donar (BM Violoncello, ’17; MM Violoncello, ‘19)
- Peter Ryan (MM Violoncello, ’19) – current DMA Violoncello current
- Kimber Elayne Sprawl (BFA Musical Theatre, ’14)
- Natalie Orth (BM Violin, ’20)
- Taiga Benito – current BM Double Bass student
- Dan Qiao (MM Violin, ’17) – current DMA Violin student
- Taylor Overholt (BM Clarinet, ’19)
- Collin Goff – current BM Music Education and Clarinet
- Katie Riley – current BM Flute student
- Ray Haim (BM Music Education, ’18)
- Sarah Minneman – current DMA Oboe student
- Bryan Lyons (BM Oboe, ’97) – current DMA Oboe student
- Patrick Grimone (BM Oboe, ’19)
- Eliza Edge (BM Horn, ’19)
- Griffin Botts (BM Horn, ’17) – current MM Horn student
- Ryan Penshorn – former BM Horn student
- Phillip Palmore (BM Horn, ’20)
- Evan Sacks-Wilner – current BM Tuba student
- Harrison Sheckler (BM Piano, ’19)
- Josh Meyer (BM Commercial Music Production, ’18)
- Grant Bayer (BM Commercial Music Production, ’18)
WLWT-Channel 5: Hamilton County and UC Law partner to lend...
July 1, 2022
Rob Wall, director of the Help Center for Hamilton County Municipal Court and a staff attorney for the UC College of Law, spoke with WLWT-TV for a story about the center's mission.
Lindner alum qualifies for World Track Championships
July 1, 2022
Annette Echikunwoke, MS ’19, recently finished third in the hammer throw at the 2022 USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships, qualifying her for this month’s World Championships in Eugene, Oregon.
Life-changing diagnosis sparks new calling for UC Clermont...
June 30, 2022
Sarah Hoderlein expected to spend her 21st birthday the way most college kids do, celebrating the highly-anticipated milestone with family and friends. Instead, she spent it in the hospital, having fluid removed from her lungs, where she received a life-changing diagnosis — stage II Hodgkin’s lymphoma.