Certified Administrative Professional
The Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) course prepares you to take the CAP exam offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), and it provides you with a broad selection of essential skills and knowledge to effectively work as an administrative assistant in fields including education, technology, government, and medicine.
This program is offered in partnership with ed2go, one of the nation's top online education provider
About this Course
In this course, you will learn the basics of workplace administration as well as how to begin and grow a successful career as an administrative professional. The course covers the intricacies of organizational communication, office and records management, and human resources fundamentals, among other topics. You will also learn to effectively write for business, produce documents, and utilize informational technology. You'll gain event and project management skills, which includes virtual meeting coordination. As technology develops, this skill has become increasingly useful. Each course module concludes with a quiz, helping you to effectively track your progress and test your skills. This course includes a voucher which covers the fee of the exam.
What you will learn
- Effective organizational communication
- The fundamentals of administrative roles including human resources, financial responsibilities, and event and project management
- How to write for business and the Internet
- Essential workplace skills
- Prepare for the IAAP Certified Administrative Professional exam
How you will benefit
- Develop a high level of understanding of the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) body of knowledge
- Set yourself up for success in an administrative career by learning relevant real-world skills
- Gain the knowledge necessary to pass the CAP exam
- You will receive IAAP Membership and a study guide upon qualification for the CAP exam
About Your Instructor
Becky Swaim has taught since 2000, focusing on Administrative Assistant Fundamentals, Administrative Assistant Applications, and Individual Excellence. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication from California State University, Long Beach. Her experience includes managing large staff in medical billing and collections and as a program manager to various medical practices.