Certified Administrative Professional
Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) is one of the most valuable credentials an administrative professional can hold. When held with a Microsoft Office Master certification, you demonstrate that you can perform all administrative assistant duties and responsibilities at the highest level.
This program is offered in partnership with ed2go, one of the nation's top online education provider
About this Course:
This course is open enrollment, so you can register and start the course whenever you are ready. (Access to your course can take 24-48 business hours.)
- Online at your own pace
- The course instructor will be available by email to answer any questions you may have and to provide feedback on your performance. Occasionally, your course may be supported by a team of industry experts. You will also be assigned a Student Advisor for academic support.
- After you register, you will receive 12 months to complete the course. The time allotted for completion has been calculated based on the number of course hours
- Certification exam voucher included.
This course will prepare you for the CAP exam, offered by the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP), and Microsoft Master certification. You will learn the fundamentals of workplace administration, including organizational communication, records management, and human resources. You will then learn advanced skills for using programs in the Microsoft Office 2019 suite.
Upon course completion, you will receive prepaid vouchers to take the CAP exam and the MO-201 (Excel), MO-101 (Word), MO-300 (PowerPoint), and MO-400 (Outlook) exams. The vouchers are prepaid access to sit for the certifying exams upon eligibility. Proctor fees may apply, which are not included.
What you will learn
- To perform the key duties and responsibilities of an administrative assistant
- To effectively use Microsoft Office 2019 programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook at their most advanced level
How you will benefit
- Develop a high level of understanding of the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) body of knowledge
- Set yourself up for success in an administrative career by learning relevant workplace skills
- Be prepared to sit for the CAP exam
- Be prepared to sit for the Microsoft Office Master Certification Exams
The University of Cincinnati is an approved training provider for The Office of Workforce Development (OWD). OWD has funds available to increase opportunities for invidividuals to get training and find work, who have previously had barriers to employment. If you think you may be eligible to receive tuition assistance for this training class through UC, contact the Ohio Means Jobs center in your county. See map for more information.
About Your Instructors
Becky Swaim has taught since 2000, focusing on Administrative Assistant Fundamentals, Administrative Assistant Applications, and Individual Excellence. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication from California State University, Long Beach. Her experience includes managing large staff in medical billing and collections and as a program manager to various medical practices.
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.