Certified Administrative Professional
Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) is one of the most valuable credentials an administrative professional can hold. When held with a Microsoft Office Master certification, you demonstrate that you can perform all administrative assistant duties and responsibilities at the highest level.
This program is offered in partnership with ed2go, one of the nation's top online education provider
- Prepare to take the Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Master the CAP body of knowledge
- Understand administrative fundamentals including financial responsibilities and project management
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for administrative assistants was approximately $40,000.
- Among the BLS list of Office and Administrative Support Occupations, those requiring Microsoft Office skills offer the highest levels of pay and future opportunities.
- According to PayScale.com, professionals holding a Microsoft Office certification earn an average of $54,000 per year.
As businesses become more technology driven, having formal training is key to advancing your skill set. Employers want candidates that can hit the ground running in their organization without further training, which certification proves.
CAP is an assessment-based certification for office and administrative professionals. As an industry-recognized certification, it designates that you understand the duties, responsibilities and knowledge required of an administrative professional in the today’s workplace.
To be eligible for the CAP exam, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- No College Degree - 4 years of relevant work experience
- Associates Degree - 3 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's Degree - 2 years of relevant work experience
Relevant work experience includes typical duties for office and administrative professionals including:
- Conducting business communication, including emails and memos
- Overseeing office functions and record keeping
- Managing projects, budgets and meeting schedules
- Coordinating between staff and clients
MOS Master is the top computer skills certification for administrative professionals. Globally, Microsoft Office is the leading office software with many organizations heavily invested in Microsoft technology.
To earn your MOS certification, you must pass the following exams: MOS 77-727 and 77-728 (Excel), 77-725 and 77-726 (Word), 77-729 (PowerPoint), and 77-731 (Outlook).
About Your Instructors
Becky Swaim has taught since 2000, focusing on Administrative Assistant Fundamentals, Administrative Assistant Applications, and Individual Excellence. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication from California State University, Long Beach. Her experience includes managing large staff in medical billing and collections and as a program manager to various medical practices.
Tracy Berry has been a senior graphic designer/programmer, instructor, and consultant since 1993 and has developed hundreds of logos, marketing materials, websites, and multimedia solutions for customers worldwide. She was also involved in several large corporate software rollouts. She has helped many organizations optimize and streamline data solutions. She teaches both onsite and online courses and has her CTT (Certified Technical Trainer) certification. Tracy specializes in teaching graphics, desktop publishing, web design, and reporting/productivity applications.