Engineering technicians play a vital role in the research, development and production process. This 100% online course will train you for a career in manufacturing engineering tech. Key topics include machining, quality, grinding, electrical systems, automation, motor controls and more.
- Master fabrication, assembly and additive manufacturing processes
- Understand product, process, and production design and management
- Learn PLC equipment, programming and communication
- Understand advances in metallurgy and materials science
- Learn the basics of Six Sigma, 5S, Lean and TPM
- According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), engineering technicians earn up to $56,000 annually on average.
- Job demand for engineering technicians will grow 3% over the next decade, according to BLS data.
- The BLS also found that many new opportunities for engineering technicians will require a background or knowledge of “software and technology in addition to traditional manual skills.”
Engineer is term to describe generalists who work across research and development, as well as design and production. Technicians play a supporting role throughout the engineering process and may be tasked with various duties that aid an engineer. Additionally, a team of engineering techs may work under a single engineer.
Engineering technicians help solve technical problems throughout the engineering process, and their duties may vary depending on the field they work in. In the manufacturing industry, an engineer tech might draft layouts, build equipment, conduct experiments, collect data and record results.
Yes. Working as an engineering technicians is a great way to understand the tactical side of research, development and production. Additionally, working as a technician can lead to more senior roles on an engineering team or to career advancement as an engineer.
About Your Instructor
This is a completely self-pace course. Additional support will be provided through email and phone.