Transfer & Transition Student Scholarships
The University of Cincinnati is excited to provide scholarship opportunities that reward your achievements and assist you in meeting your college costs. More detailed information for these key campus-wide programs is available through the links in each paragraph. Additional information is available on the scholarship chart.
UC Transfer Scholarships
For consideration, community college students need to have completed their associate degree within two years of their planned enrollment at UC and be transferring directly from a degree-granting community college to a UC bachelor's degree program.
UC offers several transfer student opportunities as well as a scholarship opportunity for transition students from our branch campuses.
- Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarships - Up to four $6,000 annual scholarships awarded to high achieving students who are current members of the community college honor society Phi Theta Kappa and complete their associate degree with a minimum 3.75 cumulative grade-point-average. Proof of membership is required. Awarded one time per year for students beginning a baccalaureate program in the fall semester..
- UC Community College Transfer Scholarships - Up to fifty $2,500 annual scholarship for graduates of two-year programs who have a GPA of at 3.0 or higher.
- Cincinnati Pathways Scholarships - Cincinnati State associate degree graduates with a 3.0 GPA who are admitted through the Pathways program will be awarded a $2,500 annual scholarship.
- Sinclair Pathways Scholarships - Up to twelve Sinclair associate degree graduates with a 3.0 GPA will be awarded a $2,500 annual scholarship.
- UC Blue Ash & UC Clermont Transition Scholarships - UC Regional to Clifton Transition Scholarships - A limited number of $2,500, merit-based scholarships awarded each term to students who have graduated with an associate degree from University of Cincinnati Blue Ash (UCBA) or University of Cincinnati Clermont College (UCCC). Students with a minimum 3.0 grade point average who are transitioning to a UC on-campus baccalaureate program on the Clifton/Uptown campus are eligible to apply. Awards based upon funding and terms of availability.
Application Deadline & Renewal
For maximum consideration, community college transfer students new to UC must have their admission application and transcript information submitted to UC by April 30th. UC Regional to Clifton Transition Scholarship application and deadlines available online.
Transfer and transition scholarships can be received over four full-time, in-class semesters (equivalent to the two years generally required for community college transfer students to complete their bachelor’s degree) assuming the student is enrolled full-time at UC, makes satisfactory academic progress and earns at least a 3.2 GPA for PTK award or 3.0 for all other scholarships.
Incoming freshmen, transfers and continuing students can explore UC and other scholarship opportunities.
Once you have been admitted to UC, you can log into Catalyst, the student information system to use the scholarship search tile for additional views of non-UC opportunities.
Search tools on non-UC websites including FastWeb can provide additional scholarship options. Students are always cautioned from paying to apply for or receive scholarship information.