International faculty member celebrates with three students in graduation gowns.

International Faculty, Staff and Intern Visas

People from around the world work at UC under a variety of visa statuses.

Each of these statuses comes with its own rules, regulations and processes that you need to follow if you want to apply to work at UC.

Don't see a status listed? Contact our office to discuss further.

Visiting Scholar Agreement

All visiting scholars, faculty, and researchers must review the University of Cincinnati Visiting Scholar Agreement prior to arrival.

J-1 Scholars

The J-1 visa is separated into many categories, including research scholars, professors, short-term scholars and specialists. In these categories, scholars can conduct research, observe, teach, lecture or consult for the University of Cincinnati.

J-1 Interns

The University of Cincinnati J-1 Intern program is designed for current or recently graduated international students to gain experience in their academic field in the United States.

H-1B Workers

H-1B workers are employed in many positions at the University of Cincinnati, including professors (tenure track or adjuncts), post-doctoral fellows, research assistants and more.

O-1 Status

O-1 status is available to persons of extraordinary ability in the sciences, business, athletics, and education.

E-3 Status

E-3 status is available for Australian nationals to work in positions that meet government requirements of a "specialty occupation."

TN Status

TN status permits qualified Canadian and Mexican citizens to seek temporary entry into the United States to engage in professional business activities.