Academic Coaching Positions
Academic Coaches meet with UC students one on one and help them identify and strengthen college success skills and academic habits (topics include but are not limited to time management, active reading, taking class notes, studying, and motivation). Academic Coaches are facilitate research-based activities and reflective conversation with the result of positive behavior change.
Academic Coaches may also be asked to presentation content to groups of students.
Work schedules will be flexible with Academic Coaches' courses and co-curricular activities.
- At least 30 credit hours earned and one full semester at UC (by start of employment)
- Excellent self-motivation and organization skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Availability of at least 9 hours per week and fewer than 24 hours of on campus, hourly employment across all positions
- Must be available for paid training (specific days/times shared during an interview)
- Experienced an Academic Coaching appointment at least once
- Completed a Success Plan
No references are required for this position.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed the position responsibilities and qualifications, go back to the Student Employment main page and apply. You are able to select more than one position you want to apply for within the application, but you should not select all positions.
Questions? Contact the Learning Commons Front Desk at (513) 556-3244 or email the professional staff member supervising the position. Go to the Learning Commons Professional Staff page for details on the supervisor you should contact.