SRS Leader & MASS Tutor Positions
Supplemental Review Session (SRS) Leaders and MASS tutors are UC students who are interested in providing academic support to their fellow students. Leaders are recruited from colleges across the university to provide assistance in mathematics and quantitative-based courses. The SRS Leaders’ and MASS Tutors’ primary roles are:
- Facilitating group tutoring sessions with UC students that emphasize collaborative learning
- Providing a safe space for students to learn and make mistakes using strategies learned through training
- Attending trainings as required to continually develop tutoring and facilitation skills
- Maintaining a professional attitude about matters such as class standards, grades, and other student complaints
- Modeling appropriate professional attitudes and behaviors to all UC staff, faculty, and students
- Acting as a representative for the MASS Center across campus
Competitive SRS Leader or MASS Tutor applicants will have:
- An interest in supporting their peers to develop confidence and knowledge in mathematics and quantitative-based courses
- An interest in developing interpersonal and communication skills
- At least one semester at UC completed (by the start of employment)
- A 3.3 GPA or above (and must maintain a 3.3 University GPA and a 3.0 Term GPA in order to remain eligible for employment)
- A B+ or above in the selected courses connected to position
For the application, you must submit at least 2 references. Students should solicit references from UC faculty or staff who have seen the student's academic, leadership, and communication skills.
Your references are sent a link to a recommendation form to complete and do NOT need to submit letters of recommendation. It is strongly suggested that at least one of these references be from the Mathematics Department.
References should not include personal or family friends, supervisors from non-relevant employment, or other UC students.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed the position responsibilities and qualifications, go back to the Student Employment main page and apply. You are able to select more than one position you want to apply for within the application, but you should not select all positions.
Contact the Learning Commons Front Desk at (513) 556-3244 or email the professional staff member supervising the position. Go to the Learning Commons Professional Staff page for details on the supervisor you should contact.