Front Desk Assistant Positions
Do you enjoy multi-tasking? Do you want to help others? Do you want to develop or fine-tune your communication skills?
Front Desk Assistants provide administrative support to the Learning Commons’ programs and work at one or more of the three desks across UC Clifton’s campus, or at the single Learning Commons Front Desk on UC Clermont’s campus. You can develop campus connections that will benefit you throughout your college career. We provide flexibility around class schedules and provide the opportunity to connect with high-achieving students.
Some of the key Front Desk Assistant job duties are as follows:
- Provide outstanding customer service and serve as the “first point of contact” for the Learning Commons
- Answer questions and provide support to students/faculty/staff in person, over the phone, and via email
- Review appointment reports to ensure no appointments violate Learning Commons scheduling policies
- Manage student academic support sessions and input attendance data into online database
- Track and check out Learning Commons resources (textbooks, laptops, projectors) to student staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be recipient of work study award based on financial need and must be admitted into a degree program.
- Must be enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours for undergraduate students and 5 credit hours for graduate students), except for summer quarter, or will be a registered student during the next academic quarter/semester for summer work. Student workers must meet the enrollment requirement for the entire quarter.
- Must be age 16 or older.
- Able to work a minimum of 7 hours a week during Learning Commons hours of operation: Monday – Thursday between 7:45AM – 8:00PM, and 7:45AM – 5:00PM on Fridays.
- Students need to be available for paid training (specific days/times to be determined).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
For the application, you must submit at least one reference. Students should solicit references from individuals who can speak on behalf of their work experience, work habits, character, and skills. References can be from faculty, staff, advisors, previous/current supervisors.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed the position responsibilities and qualifications, complete the application here. PLEASE NOTE: This application is for the Front Desk Assistant position ONLY and a Federal Work Study grant is required. If you want to apply to other positions within the Learning Commons, please follow the directions on our Student Employment page.
Questions? Contact the Learning Commons at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 556-3244.