Front Desk Assistant Positions
Front Desk Assistant Application is Closed
The Learning Commons is not currently hiring for Front Desk Assistants for summer or fall 2024. Please check out the Student Employment webpage to view open Learning Commons positions.
Do you enjoy multi-tasking? Do you want to help others? Do you want to develop or fine-tune your communication skills?
Front Desk Assistants provide administrative support to the Learning Commons’ programs and work at one or more of the three desks across UC Clifton’s campus, or at the single Learning Commons Front Desk on UC Clermont’s campus. You can develop campus connections that will benefit you throughout your college career. We provide flexibility around class schedules and provide the opportunity to connect with high-achieving students.
Some of the key Front Desk Assistant job duties are as follows:
- Provide outstanding customer service and serve as the “first point of contact” for the Learning Commons
- Answer questions and provide support to students/faculty/staff in person, over the phone, and via email
- Review appointment reports to ensure no appointments violate Learning Commons scheduling policies
- Manage student academic support sessions and input attendance data into online database
- Track and check out Learning Commons resources (textbooks, laptops, projectors) to student staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours for undergraduate students and 5 credit hours for graduate students), except for summer semester, or will be a registered student during the next academic semester for summer work. Student workers must meet the enrollment requirement for the entire semester.
- Must be age 16 or older.
- Able to work a minimum of 7 hours a week during Learning Commons hours of operation: Monday – Thursday between 8:30AM – 8:00PM, and 8:30AM – 4:30PM on Fridays.
- Students need to be available for paid training (specific days/times to be determined).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
No references are required for this position.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed the position responsibilities and qualifications, go back to the Student Employment main page and apply. You are able to select more than one position you want to apply for within the application, but you should not select all positions.
Questions? Contact the Learning Commons at email@example.com or (513) 556-3244.