Make an impact. Change somebody's life.
Working at the Learning Commons is a great opportunity for UC students. The Learning Commons is a welcoming place where employees can meet new friends, but that is not all. Being a Learning Commons employee offers competitive pay, flexible hours, resume building, and a great opportunity to help your fellow UC students when they need academic support.
Learning Commons On-Campus Co-Op Opportunity
Working in the Learning Commons is a recognized on-campus co-op. A component of your first term of employment includes mandatory registration in a one-credit hour professional development course (COOP 1000) with the Division of Experience-Based Learning and Career Education. In cases where registration would incur a cost, there is a 0-credit option. In addition, there are a limited number of recognized exemptions to this requirement. You can learn more about the class below and about the enrollment criteria and exemptions via the position acceptance form.
By enrolling in COOP 1000, Learning Commons employees will have the opportunity to:
- Receive additional professional development coaching
- Earn experiential learning credit
- Get valuable feedback from faculty in Experience-Based Learning and Career Education
- Develop leadership skills and translate your work experience on campus for future employment
For Honor’s students, this course is the only way to earn an Honors experience through the Learning Commons during your first semester of employment. Questions about your Honors experience requirements can be directed to your Honors Advisor.
UC Clermont Student Employment
Attention UC Clermont Students! We are excited to announce we are hiring various Learning Commons positions to work on UC Clermont’s campus starting Fall semester 2021. You have the opportunity to apply for the following positions: Academic Coaches, Academic Writing Center Tutor, Peer Tutor, Peer Leader, MASS Center Tutor, and SI Leader. Please use the red buttons below to explore each position more.
Are you ready to apply?
Explore and research the different positions you can apply for by clicking on any of the position buttons above.
- Apply to work for the Learning Commons. The Fall 2021 student employment application is live and can be accessed now. This application allows you to apply for all student staff positions within the Learning Commons. You can select more than one position you want to apply for within the application, but you should not select all positions.
- You will need at least two references for your application. Your references do NOT need to write letters of recommendation. After you submit your application, recommender forms will automatically be emailed to your references.
- Use the position links below to learn more about the recommender requirements as they differ by position.
- Please reach out to your recommenders prior to applying and let them know they need to check their "Other" inbox and "Junk Email" folder in Outlook for the recommendation form; the recommendation form is sent from email@example.com.
- If you need to add a recommender after submitting your application, email Adrienne Piontek.
- Note: the Success Skills Workshop Peer Educator is the only position that does not have a reference requirement.
- Are you a recommender with questions? Please visit our Bearcat's Landing page.
We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until all positions are filled.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis through mid-April. You will be contacted by the Learning Commons to set up your interview via your UC email account. To verify or ask questions about your interview, call the Learning Commons front desk at (513) 556-3244. All interviews will be conducted using Microsoft Teams.
- Offer letters will be extended to new hires via email to your UC email account the week of March 15th or April 19th.
- NOTE: Because of the high volume of applicants, we are unable to provide application status updates throughout the application process. You will hear back one way or another about your application by the week of May 3rd.