Check out the tips below to get ensure you are using correct form when trying these exercises.
- Check our video for information on how to set the weights on the selectorized weight equipment.
- The machines work on simple switches
- The machine will pull the heaviest weight selected
- If no weight is selected, it will pull 10 lbs or whatever the lightest weight is
- Schedule a free Fitness Floor Orientation at any time at Member Services
- Place the bar in the meaty part of your upper back and shoulders – off of your neck! Keep your heels in line with the bar when setting up
- Take two big steps away from the bar
- Push your hips back first! Drive the knees out and push back up through the heels
- Remember to breathe! – Exhale on the return to stand
- Have good posture while lying down to set yourself up for good posture for your chest press
- Keep the natural curvature of your back on bench
- Always ensure you have clips to keep your weights from falling off the bar
- Plant your feet into the floor
- Keep the bar in the middle of your chest/sternum while pressing and place back on the rack
- Remember to breathe! – Exhale on the return to starting position
- Remember to re-rack your weights when you are done!
Pull Up v. Chin Up
- Plant with your front foot, keep your chest lifted and core strong
- Move your body down like an elevator (straight down and back up) and not like an escalator (front to back)
- Make sure your front knee doesn't go past your front toe