COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Online Fitness Program
Introducing UC Campus Rec's Online Fitness Program which includes a detailed schedule and workout videos from your favorite Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors.
We're all in this together. Visit our virtual resources page for additional information regarding wellness, nutrition, mental health, and local resources at UC and Cincinnati.
University COVID-19 Update
We regret to inform you that all services relating to Campus Recreation have been suspended beginning Monday, June 1 until further notice. The financial impact COVID-19 has had on the university is substantial. We are working to focus critical resources to best serve students and ensure the continued success of the university.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and understanding as there may be longer than normal response times.
When will Campus Recreation be closed? Expand
All Campus Rec facilities will be closed until further notice.
Will I receive a reimbursement for my Campus Rec membership/parking/locker/towel? Expand
Due to the closure, the following billing or membership arrangements will be processed:
Paying Members (annual and short term)
- Annual members paying monthly will not be billed for membership, locker, towel, and/or parking charges during the closure and the university has approved a reimbursement for March on a pro-rata basis from March 25-31. Once a re-opening date has been announced, we will follow up with further billing information.
- April: no membership, locker, towel, parking charges will be billed. A credit will be added for March 25-31.
- May until further notice: no membership, locker, towel, parking charges will be billed.
- Members who have paid in full for their membership, locker, towel, and/or parking will have their expiration date extended by the length of the closure once the re-opening date has been announced.
- Any Rec Rewards member who checked in to Campus Rec facilities during the month of March or received a reimbursement for February or January visits will receive a reimbursement for March visits. There will be no reimbursement for April or May since there will be no membership charge. Please note, reimbursements have always been a month behind so you will receive the reimbursement for March visits on your April 30 paycheck.
- Students who paid for spring semester membership/locker/towel will receive a partial refund directly to your student account by the end of spring semester.
- Refunds will be for the following amounts:
- Part time student membership: $20
- Co-op, branch, or distance learning student membership: $40
- Students not enrolled this semester: $43.33
- Spouse semester membership: $25
- Legal dependent semester membership: $15
- Full locker rental for the semester: $28.33
- Half locker rental for the semester: $20
- Fitness floor/climbing wall locker rental for the semester: $10
- Towel rental for the semester: $20
Can I retrieve my items out of a locker after the closure dates? Expand
To access your belongings, please call Public Safety at 513-556-1111 to coordinate a pick-up.
Will I receive a refund for the program I am enrolled in or the facility rental I have scheduled? Expand
Participants will be contacted directly with more information. Thank you for your patience as we work through all of the details.
- Swim lesson participants will be offered a refund for the duration of swim lessons. Participants will be contacted directly with further information.
- Any program that has already started will be offered a pro-rated refund for the duration of the program.
- Any program that has not started will be offered a full refund.
Premium Fitness Classes
- Premium class participants will be offered a pro-rated refund for the duration of premium classes including Karate, Bearcat Training Club, Boxing, Kickboxing, Ballet, Self Defense. Participants will be contacted directly with further information.
- Intramural sports participants will be offered a pro-rated refund for the duration of the season. Participants will be contacted directly with further information.
REC Kids Spring Break Camp
- REC Kids Spring Break Camp is cancelled. Participants will be offered a full refund. Participants will be contacted directly with further information.
Will programs be rescheduled? Expand
Every effort will be made to re-schedule programs and events. More information will be available once normal operations resume.
What is Campus Rec doing to mitigate the spread of germs? Expand
Please help mitigate the spread of respiratory diseases by following these tips shared by the university's Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend healthy people wear a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol may be used.
Additionally, Campus Recreation has implemented the following:
- Self-tapping of your ID as you enter at Member Services. Please continue to show your ID to the Member Services staff.
- Increased use of disinfectant spray throughout the facility.
- The addition of six hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Increased laundering and changing of the green cleaning towels throughout the day.