COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Online Fitness Program
Introducing UC Campus Rec's Online Fitness Program which includes a detailed schedule and workout videos from your favorite Personal Trainers and Group Fitness Instructors.
We're all in this together. Visit our virtual resources page for additional information regarding wellness, nutrition, mental health, and local resources at UC and Cincinnati.
We are pleased to announce that the Campus Recreation Center is preparing to return to operations mid-August. Until further notice, the Fitness Center at CARE/Crawley will remain closed.
Due to the restrictions on gyms, as mandated by the state, UC Campus Recreation will have limited space available, and will only be available to campus faculty, staff and students at this time. Hours of operation will be adjusted to allow sufficient time for deep cleaning of the facility; please see our website for the most current hours of operation.
In order to best provide a safe environment, we will be operating on a reservation system. Individuals will be able to reserve time on the fitness floor or in the lap pool. Information on how to make a reservation will be available on the website prior to opening.
Please note the following changes to services and operations upon opening:
- As per university requirements, a facial covering will be required at all times with the exception of while swimming. If an individual has an approved exemption, a face shield must be worn at all times with the exception of while swimming.
- Towel service, equipment checkout and access to lockers and water fountains will be suspended during this time.
- The following areas will be closed: locker room showers, basketball courts, climbing wall, track, leisure pool, hot tub and racquetball courts.
- Day passes will not be sold until further notice.
- Group fitness will continue with a virtual format; no in-person classes will be held.
- Facility rentals will not be allowed.
- Spouse and legal dependent memberships will be suspended unless they are a current UC employee or student.
We ask that you please do your part to keep the facility safe by sanitizing your workout station before and after use. The recreation staff will do a thorough cleaning of the facility each night after closing, as well as clean equipment throughout the day.
Will my August membership fee be prorated? Expand
Yes, annual members paying monthly will be prorated for their August membership.
What about locker, towel charges, and spouse/legal dependent memberships? Expand
All locker, towel charges, spouse and legal dependent charges will be suspended based on the above restrictions.
I am a Rec Rewards member. How many visits will I need to receive the reimbursement for August? Expand
Rec Rewards members who have four visits for the month will receive the Rec Rewards reimbursement on their next paycheck. The reimbursement will be prorated accordingly to reflect the prorated monthly fee for August.
How do I cancel or freeze my membership? Expand
We understand that you may wish to suspend your membership during this time due to health concerns or remote work. Please note that August deductions will occur unless you freeze or cancel your membership by Wednesday, August 5.
Due to the current situation, we will allow members to freeze their membership at no cost. This will continue during the work-from-home recommendations by the university.
A freeze allows you to resume your membership without a one-year contract obligation upon returning. If you wish to freeze your membership, please complete the freeze form on our website.
Members who cancel will require a one-year contract upon sign-up, unless it is within 6 months of cancellation. If you wish to cancel your membership, please complete the cancellation form on our website.
What is Campus Rec doing to mitigate the spread of germs? Expand
Please help mitigate the spread of respiratory diseases by following these tips shared by the university's Office of the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. CDC does not recommend healthy people wear a facemask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol may be used.
Additionally, Campus Recreation will implement the following:
- Self-tapping of your ID as you enter at Member Services. Please continue to show your ID to the Member Services staff.
- Increased use of disinfectant spray throughout the facility.
- The addition hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility.
- Increased laundering and changing of the green cleaning towels throughout the day.
- Deep cleaning after the close of business each day.
- Decreased capacity and implementation of a reservation system.
- Appropriate distancing of equipment throughout the fitness floor.
What is the process for reserving gym/pool time? Expand
We are currently testing our online reservation system and creating tutorials and instructions. We will e-mail and publish this information to members as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.