COVID-19 Updates: uc.edu/publichealth
Utility Systems & Technical Support: Providing Power for UC
Important Utilities COVID-19 Updates
All University of Cincinnati Utilities families and friends:
Like so many of you, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our world. And like you, during these last few weeks we’ve been focused on doing the things we need to do to keep our families, students, workplace safe and healthy. This has been at the center of our conversations every step of the way. With that in mind, we have made several changes in our operations in response to the threat of the coronavirus.
We are closely following the Centers for Disease Control's (CDC) guidelines and recommendations on the steps we can take to help prevent the spread of the virus. We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of washing their hands and informing us if they are returning from an area of the world identified as posing a coronavirus-related risk.
We have canceled or will cancel all face to face meetings with non UC personnel, again to do what we can to help prevent the spread of the illness to our employees.
Our buildings are now locked, and entry must be requested and permitted upon arrival. Only non UC personnel who are to perform pre-approved work will be allowed entry. Others who choose to visit will be denied entry.
Any personnel entering the UC plant facilities will be required to sign a form stating that they have not been outside the United States in the last 14 days, and that they have not, to the best of their knowledge, encountered any person who has been exposed to the coronavirus.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may create, and assure you the sole purpose of these measures is the safety of our employees and their families.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know.
Thank you everyone for your understanding during these trying times.
It is imperative that a “World Class University” be supported by a “World Class Utility”
UC Utilities manages the production and distribution of energy to insure that students, faculty, and staff are provided a safe, healthy, and comfortable environment, while being effective stewards of the University’s resources and the environment in which we all live.
The vision of Utilities is to provide World Class Service while exceeding the expectations and needs of our customers, the University community, by providing the most reliable and cost effective utilities, gaining national recognition for the university and supporting the university's mission.
- Safety - We put safety first in everything we do. The safety of students, faculty, staff, and teammates is our highest priority.
- Integrity - We do what is right. We act ethically.
- Accountability - We do what we say and own what we do.
- Innovation - Our work is driven by curiosity, and fueled by knowledge to discover the “new and next”.
- Environmental Stewardship - We commit to protect and be good stewards of our natural resources.
- Passion - We’re passionate about what we do. We strive for excellence.
- Communication — We communicate clearly, openly and frequently, and work hard to ensure that every voice is heard.
- Inclusion — We learn from and respect our differences. We are empowered by people, perspectives and diverse ideas.
- Teamwork — We work effectively as one team.
Central Utility Plant
3000 Glendora Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0390
Campus mail: ML 0390
Office phone: 513-556-5151
Office fax: 513-558-1739