Why Interview Practice Matters
Preparing and practicing your answers to interview questions ahead of time is one of the most valuable things you can do to prepare for an interview.
You want your answers to demonstrate that you are the best candidate by connecting your skills and experience directly to the qualifications in the job description.
Practice out loud until you are able to answer interview questions naturally and with confidence.
Ways to Practice
With InterviewStream you can:
- Customize the questions based on the industry or job you’re pursuing
- Share your interview video with career center staff, parents, a friend or mentor to gather more feedback
Increasingly, employers use a video interview as the first interview, so we encourage you to practice so you are well prepared.
- Go to InterviewStream's UC portal. (We recommend using the latest version of Chrome or Firefox.)
- Register for a new account using your UC email address.
- If you have been given an assignment code, enter it in the Assignment Code box. Assignment codes, provided by your professor, register you for the Assignment it belongs to. If you don't have an assignment code, simply click on “Conduct an Interview.”
- Next, choose whether to take a premade interview or create your own custom interview using pre-recorded questions.
- Proceed to the hardware check to test your webcam and microphone.
- Next, you will be given an overview of how the process works.
- Begin your interview.
At the end of the interview, you have the option to request a counselor review or conduct a self-assessment.