Undergraduate students who are interested in healthcare and want to attend professional school in a variety of fields such as medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physician assistant, podiatry, optometry, public health, physical therapy and others, can take professional development classes from faculty in Experience-Based Learning and Career Education that are designed just for you.
Pre-health professional development courses will help you gain necessary professional documents and explore experiential learning options which will help you gain real-world experience that can make you more competitive for professional school and full-time jobs. All professional schools require that applicants have meaningful pre-health experiences.
In addition to meeting regularly with your pre-professional advisor, the Pre-Professional Advising Center recommends the following path for pre-health students:
- Take Exploring Health Professions (PD1000)
- Complete the Internship for Academic Credit course (INT 3001)
- Take Advancing Success on the Pre-Health Pathway (PD2001)
- Explore course descriptions above
- Contact the Pre-Professional Advising Center