If you are an undergraduate student interested in healthcare and may want to attend professional school in a field such as medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, veterinary medicine, physician assistant, podiatry, optometry, public health, physical therapy and others, you can take professional development classes from faculty in Cooperative Education and Professional Studies that are designed for you.
Pre-health professional development courses will help you gain necessary professional documents and explore experiential learning options which will help you gain real-world experience that can make you more competitive for professional school and full-time jobs. All professional schools require that applicants have meaningful pre-health experiences.
In addition to meeting regularly with your pre-professional advisor, the Pre-Professional Advising Center recommends the following path for pre-health students:
- Take Exploring Health Professions (PD1000)
- Complete the Internship for Academic Credit course (INT 3001)
- Take Advancing Success on the Pre-Health Pathway (PD2001)
- Explore course descriptions above
- Contact the Pre-Professional Advising Center