Service Learning Co-op
Get paid for nonprofit work
The Service-Learning Co-op program gives students the opportunity to earn income, get real-world experience and make valuable contributions to nonprofits in our community. Service-Learning Co-ops are available year-round and can be full-time, part-time or project-based. Nonprofits can hire a student and student positions are funded by the University of Cincinnati, at little to no cost to the nonprofit organization, depending upon available funding and eligibility.
Hear directly from UC students about why Service-Learning Co-op was a great option for them!
Service-Learning Co-op is open to University of Cincinnati undergraduate students in any major outside formal co-op majors. Service-Learning Co-ops are a great opportunity for students who are:
- Interested in social change and addressing pressing social issues
- Seeking a flexible job: work full-time (35+ hours a week), part-time (5-20 hours a week), or project specific (up to 80 hours per term)
- Interested in a variety of roles: Because nonprofits tend to work with a lean staff, you may find yourself wearing lots of hats, from marketing, fundraising, social media, event planning and communications to IT and operations management.
Learning While Earning
You are required to complete an online professional development course during your Service-Learning Co-op. By taking the course, you'll develop a professional understanding of Servant Leadership and civic engagement while refining your career goals.
- Make a difference: Service-Learning is your chance to connect with a nonprofit and make a personal impact on our world.
- Develop life-long skills: You'll develop skills related to your major and transferable skills that apply to any field or industry.
- Try something new: The flexibility of Service-Learning Co-op allows you to test a variety of career options.
- Earn income to help pay for college tuition, books, meals or transportation. Note: Student wages are subsidized through grants coordinated through the University of Cincinnati, and some restrictions may apply.
How to Find a Service-Learning Co-op Opportunity
You can search for Service-Learning Co-op opportunities in UC’s career platform Handshake:
If you are interested in participating in the Service-Learning Co-op program, complete this form or contact Paula Harper.