National Co-op Ambassador Scholarship
Earn scholarship dollars as an ambassador for UC cooperative education
As a UC student, you can receive tuition assistance up to $4,000 per semester if you co-op or intern in any of 13 select metropolitan areas across the United States in the next few years.
In return, as a UC National Co-op Ambassador, you’ll pave the way for more UC students and help expand UC’s national reputation and reach.
About the Scholarship
The National Co-op Ambassador Program grants scholarship money to University of Cincinnati undergraduate students in any major who secure a full-semester co-op or internship in one of 13 metropolitan areas.
The money will be given as a scholarship (grant) as part of a student’s financial aid package. The scholarship is applied to your tuition to offset the higher out-of-pocket costs of living in these cities.
We anticipate that awards will be in the range of $1,000 to $4,000 per student per semester. Award amounts are based on merit and the cost of living in the chosen city.
The metropolitan areas have been carefully selected for the presence of high-profile companies and potential for significant job growth. They are:
- Los Angeles
- New York
- San Francisco
- Washington, DC
How to Apply
To earn the scholarship, you must:
- Fill out the scholarship application.
- Obtain a co-op or internship in one of the target cities.
- As a condition of the scholarship, recipients will be required to participate in outreach activities to promote and expand UC’s co-op program in that city. For example:
- connect UC’s partnership development team with your supervisor, other hiring managers, or human resources at your employer
- speak or present to other potential employers in the region
- attend networking events with potential employers
There’s no hard deadline; we accept and review applications on a rolling basis.
Yes! You can apply anytime, but you must secure a co-op or internship in one of the target cities before the scholarship award will be granted.
Yes, just submit a separate application each time. Each application is for one semester only.
The funding is part of a generous 2021 gift from a grateful University of Cincinnati alumnus who wants to raise the profile of UC’s co-op program among more prestigious companies and in select metropolitan areas over the next five years.