National Co-op Ambassador Scholarship
Earn scholarship dollars as an ambassador for UC cooperative education
As a UC student, you can receive tuition assistance up to $4,000 per semester if you co-op or intern in any of 13 select metropolitan areas across the United States in the next few years.
In return, as a UC National Co-op Ambassador, you’ll pave the way for more UC students and help expand UC’s national reputation and reach.
About the Scholarship
The National Co-op Ambassador Program grants scholarship money to University of Cincinnati undergraduate or graduate students in any major who secure a full-semester co-op or internship in one of 13 metropolitan areas.
The money will be given as a scholarship (grant) as part of your financial aid package. The scholarship is applied to your tuition to offset the higher out-of-pocket costs of living in these cities. You must be enrolled in a University of Cincinnati academic program during the period of the co-op or internship to be eligible to receive the scholarship.
We anticipate that awards will be in the range of $1,000 to $4,000 per student per semester. Award amounts are based on merit and the cost of living in the chosen city.
The metropolitan areas have been carefully selected for the presence of high-profile companies and potential for significant job growth. They are Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, DC.
Do I Qualify?
To be eligible to receive a National Co-op Ambassador scholarship:
- You must be an enrolled student during the semester you are working as a co-op.
- You must obtain a co-op or internship in one of these metropolitan areas: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Seattle or Washington DC. Students working in the Cincinnati tristate area do not qualify.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must register for the experiential learning semester in Catalyst before the scholarship dollars will be posted to your UC student account.
- Finally, and perhaps most important, as a condition of the scholarship, you will be required to initiate outreach activities to promote and expand UC’s co-op program in that city. For example, you might:
- connect UC’s partnership development team with your supervisor, other hiring managers, or human resources at your employer,
- speak or present to other potential employers in the region, and
- attend networking events with potential employers.
How to Apply
Fill out the scholarship application on ScholarshipUniverse (UC login required). Search for "National Co-op Ambassador Scholarship." If it is currently accepting applications, it should come up in search results.
The application form is currently closed. When available, the application link will be posted here. Alternatively, you can visit Scholarship Universe (UC login required) and search for the scholarship by name. The name is "National Co-op Ambassador Scholarship."
Applications for spring semester 2024 closed on November 10, 2023.
We expect to start accepting summer 2024 scholarship applications in late January 2024.
We notify all applicants of their status about a week after the application deadline.
Yes! You can apply anytime, but you must secure a co-op or internship in one of the target cities before the scholarship award will be granted.
Yes. Applications do not carry over from one cycle to the next. You'll need to re-apply for each semester that you want to receive the scholarship.
Yes, you may apply for the scholarship again even if you have been awarded it before.
The funding is part of a generous 2021 gift from a grateful University of Cincinnati alumnus who wants to raise the profile of UC’s co-op program among more prestigious companies and in select metropolitan areas over the next five years.