International Co-op Program
International co-op is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
Students who complete the University of Cincinnati’s International Co-op Program:
- Learn a second language in depth
- Gain first-hand exposure to another way of life
- Work in a professional environment outside the U.S. with the responsibilities of a co-op student
- Gain a competitive edge for full-time employment with global organizations with potential for promotions and international assignments
- Practice adaptability
- Develop confidence
As a student in the International Co-op Program, you will:
- Take a course that introduces concepts related to living and working in a new culture.
- Take elective courses on the culture, history, literature, politics or religions of the country or region where you will work.
- Learn to speak and understand a second language. Students consistently say that being able to speak the local language is one of the most valuable elements of the program.
- Live and work abroad for up to eight months in a role comparable to a student co-op assignment in the U.S.
Students in the International Co-op Program can live and work for up to eight months in a country where the primary language is any of the following:
- French (coming soon)
- Spanish (coming soon)
Talking with fellow students who are in or have completed the international co-op program is a great way to learn more. Connect with them through the International Co-op Student Association (ICSA).
You can also read what graduates have said about international co-op.