Students must apply and be accepted to a co-op program. Students apply during the introductory professional development course.

To be considered for and to continue in a co-op program, a student must:

  • Be a full-time student carrying a minimum of twelve (12) academic credit hours per term and be majoring in a discipline which includes cooperative education in the curriculum.
  • Be able to complete the number of co-op terms for your major.
  • Complete an introductory professional development course.
  • Be willing to accept a co-op position in any geographic location within the continental United States.
  • Be free of any academic deficiencies and meet the minimum GPA required by your college.

International Students

Students on a resident visa (green card) or an F-1 or J-1 visa are eligible to participate in the co-op program. F-1 or J-1 visa holders must complete one full year of classes in the U.S. before they are eligible for a co-op assignment. They can apply for the program in this year of study.

In certain disciplines, such as aerospace engineering, co-op opportunities for international students in the U.S. are limited or non-existent.