The NEXT Apprenticeship Program serves a wide range of students across majors and disciplines, not just those in information technology.
With a NEXT program advisor, students will design an individual academic plan based on their level of preparation, work experience and career goals - acquiring the skills and certifications they need to pursue in-demand, well-paying careers in tech.
Options and opportunities include degrees, minors, certificates, work experience and credentials such as:
- State-recognized Pre-Apprenticeship Certification
- Nationally-recognized Apprenticeship Certification
- Industry-recognized credentials, certifications and skills training
- Industry experience in computing and informatics (For students in majors with mandatory co-op, apprenticeship-style work will count toward graduation requirements.)
- Opportunities to work remotely
- Stipends for IT-related work in nonprofit organizations
- $150 vouchers to cover the cost of certification exams, such as those for CompTIA and Cisco
- Preparation for professional work and the job search