University Honors is now welcoming first-year students in the program to join UHP Ambassadors beginning their very first semester on campus. First-year Ambassadors will get started right from the first week of classes to quickly learn what differentiates University Honors from similar programs and the value it adds to students and the broader UC community. We're excited to offer this opportunity for the first time to a small group of ambitious students looking to get a headstart on their campus engagement.
- Attend the UHP Ambassador retreat on Saturday, August 27 from 10am-4pm.
- Meet with your Leadership Team mentor three times in early fall semester.
- Recruit students to attend UHP community events scheduled throughout the year.
- Lead student recruitment efforts from late September to late November.
- Host a student welcome event early in spring semester.
Aside from attending the UHP Ambassador retreat, all these responsibilities are flexible to student schedules anad academic commitments.
- Early leadership development and mentorship from current students
- Flexible commitment levels with opportunities to participate in new initiatives
- Possibility for nomination to other existing leadership opportunities
- Engagement in a small community of similarly motivated and passionate leaders
- On-going annual membership in UHP Ambassadors
- UHP swag as it becomes available
First-year University Honors students may apply through Sunday, July 31 at 11:59pm EST. The application consists of successful completion of the survey below, which includes a video response and several essay responses. Attending the UHP Ambassador retreat is a non-negotiable requirement for First-year Ambassadors. Please contact Jason Autry if you encounter challenges submitting the application.
Review of applications will begin on August 1 and decisions will be communicated on August 8 by 5pm EST. Up to eight students will be chosen, so we expect applications will be competitive.