UHP Ambassadors are a select group of University Honors students who represent the University Honors Program on campus and in the community. UHP Ambassadors share information about their experiences within the UHP as well as, more broadly, the University of Cincinnati. They also plan, coordinate, and/or co-facilitate programs with the University Honors Program and can represent students on various committees and projects.
The UHP Ambassador team comprises 35 select University Honors Program students from a diverse range of colleges and programs. Collectively, they participate in numerous student organizations and leadership roles across campus and in the community. The UHP Ambassador Leadership Team is a small group within UHP Ambassadors who help manage many events and initiatives throughout the academic year to support the entire UHP Ambassador team.
Applications will open during Summer 2022, but you can let us know you're interested now, so you don't miss the opportunity. We'll start reaching out in early summer and remind you of upcoming deadlines.
- Attend monthly team meetings throughout the year on Fridays at 2pm
- Present at UC Admission events (Open Houses, Bearcats Brunch, Senior Scholars Day, etc.)
- Lead or participate in transition student recruitment initiatives
- Sharing experiences and presenting in Gateway to University Honors classes
- Co-lead UHP Orientation sessions (summer)
- Serve on UHP and universities committees (PLME, Honors Seminar Review, Honors Council, student focus groups, etc.)
- Host social activities for the UHP community
- Spotlight experiences and learning portfolios on the UHP website
- Promote the UHP community through social media
- Satisfactory progress towards completion of UHP requirements
- Active engagement with the University Honors Program
- Strong understanding of the University Honors Program frameowkr and benefits
- Desire to help and lead other prospective and current students
- Well-developed communication skills
- Interest in working with a diverse team of student leaders
- Professional development in public speaking, networking and communications
- Access to various leadership opportunities such as Honors Council, committees and panels based on interest and availability
- Network with campus partners who are essential to the UHP community
- Often first to provide feedback or engage in new UHP initiatives
- Honored for service at graduation
- Receive UHP swag as available to represent UHP at events and across campus
- Have fun engaging in a tight-knit community of fellow UHP students, staff and faculty who love this community and aspire to do more for all of UC
THE UHP Ambassador application is only open once per year in the spring. Applications require an updated resume and submission of essay responses related to the role.