UHP Ambassadors are a select group of University Honors students who represent the University Honors Program on campus and in the community. UHP Ambassadors share information about their experiences within the UHP as well as, more broadly, the University of Cincinnati. They also plan, coordinate, and/or co-facilitate programs with the University Honors Program and can represent students on various committees and projects.
The UHP Ambassador team comprises 35-40 University Honors Program students from a diverse range of colleges and programs. Collectively, they participate in numerous student organizations and leadership roles across campus and in the community. The UHP Ambassador Leadership Team is a small group within UHP Ambassadors who lead training, mentorship, event planning and other initiatives throughout the academic year to support the entire UHP Ambassador team.
Returning Ambassadors and current UHP students can apply between 2/12 and 2/25. The Ambassador application will include the Leadership Team application. Applications for First-Year Ambassadors (ie, incoming freshmen) will open over the summer.
- Attend Ambassador Kickoff on April 6, 2024 at 1:30pm in UHP Lounge
- Attend the UHP Ambassador Retreat held the last Saturday prior to fall semester (August 24, 2024)
- Attend Ambassador meetings for 1.5 hours once a month (September 2024 - April 2025)
- Contribute at least three hours of work each semester through admissions presentations, volunteering at and/or attending UHP events, assisting in Gateway courses, tabling on campus, & more as opportunities become available
- Present at UC Admission events (Open Houses, Honors Admitted Bearcat Day, Senior Scholars Day, etc.)
- Lead transition student recruitment initiatives
- Sharing experiences and presenting in Gateway to University Honors classes
- Co-lead UHP Orientation sessions (summer)
- Connect students to wide range of social activities in the UHP community
- Serve on UHP and universities committees (PLME, Honors Seminar Review, student focus groups, etc.)
- Spotlight experiences and learning portfolios on the UHP website
- Promote the UHP community through social media
- Good standing with the University Honors Program
- Active engagement with the University Honors Program
- Strong understanding of the University Honors Program framework and benefits
- Desire to help and lead other prospective and current students
- Well-developed communication skills
- Interest in working with a diverse team of student leaders
- Professional development in public speaking, networking and communications
- Access to various leadership opportunities such as committees and panels based on interest and availability
- Network with campus partners who are essential to the UHP community
- Often first to provide feedback or engage in new UHP initiatives
- Honored for service at graduation
- Receive UHP swag as available to represent UHP at events and across campus
- Have fun engaging in a tight-knit community of fellow UHP students, staff and faculty who love this community and aspire to do more for all of UC
The UHP Ambassador application is open from 2/12 until 2/25. Applications include a submission of reflections related to the role.