Research can take many forms and spans every discipline, but it starts with identifying a question, idea, theory, problem, or hypothesis. You will learn how to design questions, test multiple methods to seek answers, share what you have learned, and articulate possible implications. Your research should expand knowledge, improve understanding, and contribute to a community of scholars.
By engaging in this competency, you will make progress towards learning how to…
- Demonstrate the ability to locate, interpret, and critically evaluate primary sources appropriate to field.
- Identify and apply appropriate methods to collect and organize data for analysis.
- Analyze and interpret the meaning of results.
- Produce dissemination appropriate to the field in order to share the results or impact of the research.
- Articulate the broader significance of the research project and its relationship to other fields, research and ideas.