As the world becomes more internationally connected, it is important to engage across various cultures with an appreciation for multiple perspectives and identities. You will gain a stronger understanding of your own background and develop a sense of respect and empathy for others. As a result, you will be better prepared to address global issues and contribute to the improvement of international understanding.
By engaging in this competency, you will make progress towards learning how to…
- Develop practical travel skills that promote safe, stimulating, and productive travel throughout your life.
- Summarize the interconnectedness of geography, history, cultural traits and world issues.
- Articulate the interdependence of professional fields to address current and impending global issues such as technology, the environment, human rights, or politics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cultural diversity by acknowledging the impact of their own identity and the experience of social norms, customs, or beliefs that are different from their own.
- Demonstrate a sense of empathy, respect, and appreciation for others to build meaningful cross-cultural collaborations toward mutual growth and prosperity.