Study Abroad and Study Tours
UHP Study Tours
|ARTE3041C/NS3041C||From Neurons to Picasso: How and Why the Brain Makes Art||Holland, Kristopher
|ARTE3113/PHIL3113||Strange Tools: Artistic Inquiry & Embodied Cognitive Science
||Amsterdam - Netherlands||Spring 2025|
|EVST3014||On the River: Experiencing the Brazilian Amazon||Matter, Stephen
|HIST3096||A Global History of World War II||Zalar, Jeff||UK & France||Fall 2024|
|HLTH3011||Democratizing Healthcare||Kazimierczuk, Francoise
|HNRS3065||Art, Architecture, and Engineering in Ancient Rome: The Roman Experience||Rassati, Gian
|JOUR2050||Travel Writing in Iceland||Wohlfarth, Jenny||Iceland||Fall 2024|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply to more than one program?
Yes, you can apply to as many as you like!
- Do these count as an Honors experience?
Yes, all seminars count as an Honors experience upon successful completion.
- Can I go on multiple programs?
Yes, if you can fit them into your schedule, you can travel on multiple programs in a semester.
- Do I need a passport?
Yes, you need a valid passport with at least six months of validity to travel abroad.
- Do I need a visa to enter any of these countries?
It depends on your nationality and the travel destination. We will work with individual programs on any visa requirements.
- Is there a fee to apply?
No, there is no fee to apply for a study tour.
- What does the program fee cover?
The program fee covers all group logistics: flights, hotels, group transportation, group tours, group meals, etc. It DOES NOT cover personal expenses such as personal meals, passports, visas, vaccinations, luggage fees, etc.
- Do I have to book my own flight or hotel?
No, we will arrange all of this.
- Is the travel component optional?
No, the travel component is considered part of the course. Students who enroll in seminars with a travel component should plan on traveling with the group barring extenuating circumstances.
- When are study tour applications due?
Initial round of applications are due September 20. However, we often do several rounds of applications to fill classes.
- How many students are on each study tour?
It depends, most programs are around 20 students, but some have smaller enrollments of around 12 students.
- What’s the application process like?
Most programs have a competitive application process; we may easily receive 2-3 times more applicants than open spots. All study tours will have an interview component with the faculty leader. Once with faculty leader completes the interviews, they will send me a list of students to invite, to waitlist, and to decline. I will then reach out to those students and let them know of their status. Students who apply during the initial round will know their status before priority registration.
Any questions not answered please email Neil Choudhury.
Study Abroad and International Travel Resources
For information on other UC study abroad programs offered outside of University Honors, visit UC International's online database.
All UC students who participate in a study abroad program or international experience are required to attend a pre-departure orientation session with UC International Programs.
The University may amend, modify or rescind any information, policies, guidelines, rules, procedures or regulations that relate or apply to study abroad and may incorporate new terms and conditions that apply to study abroad, at its sole discretion. Students enrolled in such programs will be expected to comply with all rules, policies, guidelines, and requirements of any jurisdiction to which they are travelling. To the extent permitted by law, any student’s failure to comply with such university and/or foreign jurisdiction’s, policies, guidelines, or requirements may result in the student not being able to complete participation in study abroad.
- Italy - Spring 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- France and England - Spring 2022 (study tour cancelled)
- Iceland - Spring 2022 (study tour moved to Fall 2022)
- Brazil - Spring 2022 (seminar cancelled)
- Vampires, Monsters, and Monstrosity- Spring 2021 (study tour cancelled)
- World Folklore and Traditions- Spring 2021 (study tour cancelled)
- International Institutions- Spring 2021 (study tour cancelled)
- Austria and Hungary - Fall 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- Colombia - Fall 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- Montreal, Canada - Fall 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- Portugal - Spring 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- Tanzania - Spring 2020 (class cancelled)
- Italy - Spring 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- Brazil - Spring 2020 (study tour cancelled)
- Greece and Egypt - Fall 2019
- France and England - Fall 2019
- Montreal, Canada - Fall 2019
- Iceland - Fall 2019
- Scotland - Spring 2019
- Belgium and The Netherlands - Spring 2019
- Israel - Spring 2019
- Chile - Fall 2018
- Montreal, Canada - Fall 2018
- Germany - Fall 2018
- United Kingdom - Fall 2018
- Brazilian Amazon - Spring 2018
- Rome, Italy - Spring 2018
- Vienna, Austria - Spring 2018
- Montreal, Canada - Fall 2017
- Cuba - Fall 2017
- France and England - Fall 2017
- Ireland - Spring 2017
- Dubai, UAE - Spring 2017
- Cuba - Spring 2017
- Scotland - Spring 2017
- Rome, Italy - Spring 2016
- Brazilian Amazon - Spring 2016
- South Africa & Botswana - Spring 2016
- Iceland - Spring 2016
- Scotland, UK - Spring 2016
- Brussels, Belgium & The Hague, Netherlands - Spring 2016
- Vienna, Austria - Spring 2016
- London, UK & Paris/Normandy, France - Fall 2015
- Montreal, Canada - Fall 2015
- Paris, France - Spring 2015
- Florence & Rome, Italy - Spring 2015
- Tanzania - Spring 2015
- New York City - Spring 2015