The UHP Belong Coordinator role is a pre-approved honors experience that focuses on fostering awareness and inclusivity within the UHP community through educational and interactive programming. Belong Coordinators work together in small groups and as a larger team to create, plan, and execute this programming that occurs both passively (e.g., social media, materials posted in honors lounge, UHP newsletter) and in person.
As a Belong Coordinator, you will to bring your own ideas to life, collaborate with other UHP students, interact with the UHP community, support our identity and inclusion-based campus partners, take part in learning opportunities on campus, and engage in reflection.
Below are a few examples of programming created by previous Belong Coordinators:
- Kindness Day Goodie Bags
- Eid Al-Fitr Tabling
- Women in STEM Timeline
- Affirmation Wall
- Black History Trivia Night
Application and Commitment
This honors experience occurs from September-April. As a Belong Coordinator, you will:
- Attend bi-weekly (1hr) meetings
- Support planning and execution of 1-3 programs per month (excluding December)
- Collaborate with campus partners and support existing UHP community events
- Actively communicate and share ideas with other Belong Coordinators
- Participate in 1-2 learning opportunities on campus focused on inclusion
- Engage in reflection around your learning and approach as an inclusive leader
University Honors students may apply for the Belong Coordinator role through Sunday, September 3 at 11:59pm EST. Review of applications will begin on September 4 and decisions will be communicated by September 8.